Do you think Republicans are ready to do what it is going to take

to get our country back on track? Are you ready? You know it isn't going to be pretty and will take hard choices.

itsmesteph11

Asked by itsmesteph11 at 4:14 PM on Aug. 26, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I think the better question is, if you will indulge me, are the citizens ready to let the republicans do what needs to happen to get our country back on track? There are so many that are power drunk and intoxicated in the spending, the give aways, and the blame game. They are addicted to changing privileges to rights and forming entitlements without any consideration to how will it be paid for. They are running with blinders on and not seeing the people don't want so much of what is being done. Do the people have the intestinal fortitude to suck it up and face the consequences of our leadership choices across the board and fixing the entire system? I think I do. I know my husband does. Ok, that's 2. Who else?

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 5:46 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• No. They are showing that they want to be a hell of a lot more fiscally responsible than the democratic leadership. But when it comes down to it? I just don't think they will go the distance needed. Democrats have been on a spending spree. Add to it the Bush years and our nation is more broke today than it was in 2008.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 5:23 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• No. they are too busy pandering to their lobby, same as the democrats. We need some moderates who don't associate themselves with religion or special interest.
    urkiddingright

Answer by urkiddingright at 4:16 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I think we need to do away w/ this 2 party system, stick to an American system & cut out all the corrupt, greedy, underhandedness that's been going on for years no matter which party is in charge & just overhaul the entire system that is failing & ruining this country! There isn't a single politican out there w/o their own personal agenda or who can be trusted to run anything! They talk a good game, but then change the rules to suit them. I say oust 'em all & start from scratch.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 5:07 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Not any more than the Democrat party is. They all talk about doing this or that but when it comes down to it, they give in to the lobbyists, corporations, etc. with huge tax breaks and just about anything else they want. Then they are doing well and the rest of us are left "holding the bag" and trying to make up the difference which ends up costing people jobs, homes, etc.
    meriana

Answer by meriana at 6:27 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• It's not the responsibility of republicans or democrats to get this country back on track.

It's the responsiblity of the people...even ones with ideas you may not like.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 4:22 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I agree with that, but can't we please have moderates? The world is not black or white and neither party will be "saving" us.
    urkiddingright

Answer by urkiddingright at 4:23 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Can you pleas give us some details. What tough choices? What do they need to be ready for?

mommom2000

Answer by mommom2000 at 4:26 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• please

mommom2000

Answer by mommom2000 at 4:27 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Get the country back track how exactly? In what sense............

pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 4:34 PM on Aug. 26, 2010