chicken breast stuffed with stove top stuffing?

i have 2 nice size chicken breast and a box of stove top stuffing....i want to stuff the chicken with the stuffing... how do i do it???

twinsnseptember

Asked by twinsnseptember at 4:14 PM on Aug. 26, 2010 in Food & Drink

• take a sharp knife and cut a pocket into the chicken breast.
    mix up the stove top
    stuff the pocket
    take at 350 until chicken juices are running clear or meat thermometer says whatever the temp for chicken is (uh google that I'm drawing a blank LOL)
    I'd baste the chicken every 10 minutes with butter too but that's just me :o)

and bake the extra stove top in the oven in a small dish while the chicken bakes
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 4:16 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• http://babyparenting.about.com/od/chickenandturkeyrecipes/ss/stuffedbreasts.htm
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 4:17 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• like TURKEY? I love to put the chicken breast in a baking dish, cook the stffing according to pkg, then put all the stuffing in the backing pan around the chicken, then top swiss cheese then with cream of mushroom soup SO good!
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 4:22 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• For me, I like to cut large chicken breasts in half and pund them out to make them flat. I make the stuffing..if I'm using stove top I like to throw some diced onions and celery in the water to boil before I put in the stuffing.
    Put the stuffing on the chicken and roll tightly and secure with a toothpick. Put the rolls in a greased baking pan(I also use aluminum fiol)Then I use a can of cream of mushroom soup mixed with about half can of milk and pour on top.Cover with aluminum foil, bake for about 1/2 hour on 350, revoe the top foil and put back in over for about 15 minutes. Just keep an eye on it so it doesn tover cook. Turns out really good.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 4:23 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Well I do it like this. Take 2 chicken breasts and cut them in half, place them is a square cassarole/baking dish. Top with 4 pieces of swiss cheese. Mix one can cream of chicken soup with half cup of milk. Pour un-make stove top stuffing on top of chicken and cheese, coat with the soup/milk mix. Bake for an hour and half or so till chicken is done.
    mrspierce06

Answer by mrspierce06 at 4:51 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I would lay the breasts out on a piece of waxed paper. Cover them with two more pieces of waxed paper. (You need the double layer). Use a hammer or a meat mallet to pound the breasts out to even thickness and thin enough to roll them up with the stuffing. Spread the stuffing to within 1/2" of the edges. Roll up like a pinwheel cookie. Secure with toothpicks. Place into a bakinng dish and pour some melted butter over them. Bake at 325 until done all the way through.
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 5:37 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I dont think thats going to work, sounds messy. You can pound them and then roll them up after stuffing them like Chicken Cordon Bleu. I like to stuff mine with a slice of ham and cheese for variety.
    Esmrlda

Answer by Esmrlda at 7:27 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• The recipe for that is ON the side of the box!!!
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 10:39 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• i've never done that but it sounds yummy
    camsmom415

Answer by camsmom415 at 8:55 AM on Aug. 27, 2010