Why do you believe your religion is the ONLY way to righteousness?

And, if you are content with it "working for you" why bother witnessing to others?

I was at Kroger the other day when a middle aged woman stopped me to congradulate me on my kids behavior. She asked my 4 y/o some questions about school and he told her that at homeschool he is learning about love and his heart chakra. Her reply to me was that I should take my kids to church and let them learn about God and his "true" love. Of course there are sooo many things I would have liked to share, but anways I curious...

sugahmamma

Asked by sugahmamma at 4:15 PM on Aug. 26, 2010 in Religious Debate

• I don't.
    I believe every person should find their own path.
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 4:17 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I don't believe that my way is the only way, but I believe it's the only way for me. I have great respect for others beliefs, as long as they respect mine.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 4:19 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I couldnt have answered it better SCUBA
    Proudparent707

Answer by Proudparent707 at 4:22 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I don't believe religion is the way to righteousness, but I do believe that the only way is through Christ. God's word tells us that a big part of being a Christian is to share the good news and evangelize. I'm a little weak in this area, because I'm shy and let's face it it's hard to talk to people about their faith because it's a sensitive subject either way so I've never approached someone like that, and most of the time people do, they don't do it in a good way, and that just pushes people away which is the opposite effect anyway. I do however talk to people who ask and are open to it.
    AshleyBDG

Answer by AshleyBDG at 4:24 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Haha, I don't. I believe there are many paths to truth and love. :)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 4:28 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I'm with Scuba on this one too...

Now, don't get me wrong, I will admit that I have often wondered the reaction I would get from others, if I just stopped random people in the milk isle, and asked them if they wanted to stop by on the next full moon and cast a spell or two with me.... come on... can't you picture it... the shock and dismay, the horror of it... I wonder why they don't think the same of their actions when they make those suggestions to others...

WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 4:29 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I don't believe that.

My personal belief is this: there is no single right/true/only path to God. There is only the right path for each individual. Regardless of what that path is, it's their's. I believe each and every person who believes in God, believes in the same God.. Ek Onkar= One God, One Universal being/creator... Regardless of the name(s) used, the rituals followed, the name of the place of worship..etc.. All who believe, believe in the One God..( Brahma Ek e Hai.. God is one. ). God views rich and poor the same. God views Sikh , Hindu, Jew, Christian, Muslim, etc.. All the same.. There is no difference, other than the names that people choose to use.

Therefore. Since I believe all is one and in the same. I can not say that there is only 1 path of to God, only 1 path that is true and righteous. They all are to me. It's the belief in God that creates the path, not the flavor of religion that you follow.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 4:31 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I agree with Ashley, but I'll admit that simply trusting the Bible and God is a tough concept to get if you don't believe in Christ.
    Biz1985

Answer by Biz1985 at 4:33 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Pixie said what I believe as well. So, I definitely do not believe my way is the only way. "Truth is one, sages call it by different names."
    KelleyP77

Answer by KelleyP77 at 4:37 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I don't.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 4:41 PM on Aug. 26, 2010