how to avoid bitting with a 18 month old.

my son has just recentley started biting alot lately and i want to try to stop it before it gets worse. any suggestions?

frog643

Asked by frog643 at 4:22 PM on Aug. 26, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• i tried a few things with my 15 month old all in all in a matter of a couple weeks so im not sure which one actually worked, lol ... but i always said "no bite mommy" or no bite daddy or no bite grandma ever since he started at like 6 months old ... so anyway one time i bit him back and said see it hurts owch no bite mommy, and then i have this little folding chair for him, i put it in the corner and gave him a time out.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 4:28 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Biting back works. Don't bit to hard to leave a bruise obviously. Some parents may not agree with this method. I've just found it worked. My daughter use to be bad at pulling my hair, and I pulled her's back.. she said OUCH. and never pulled my hair again. Same thing with biting.
    MKSers

Answer by MKSers at 7:43 PM on Aug. 26, 2010