Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

3 Bumps

Parent with deep depression issues? adult content

How would you handle the issue of one of your parents who has major issues with depression resulting in their inability to care for themselves? I do not live near my parent and they are too young to be considered for a nursing home. Any ideas, please.


Asked by Anonymous at 4:23 PM on Aug. 26, 2010 in Health

This question is closed.
Answers (3)
  • I would move in with them, or bring them to live with me...ask other family members to help, turn to counseling.


    Answer by virginiamama71 at 4:32 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

  • Can they move in with you? My mom is unable to work but lives with my dad and he cares for them but if he were to pass, she'd be in with me in a heartbeat.. no matter what it took

    Answer by maxsmom11807 at 4:25 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

  • Or offer to pay for counseling and medication if that is feesible for your family. There are clinics out there that you pay based on a sliding scale, it depends on how much you can pay. Maybe hire a live in nurse.

    Answer by anikahaynes1 at 4:27 PM on Aug. 26, 2010