potty training

what age did you all strat working on the potty training deal. my nephew how is 3 they have not even started working with him. and wont even attempt it. i guess i m just aggravated case i kept him to day and what pain in the but it was cause you have to change him every time he goes or he screms like crazy. so i keep takeing him to the potty he would not go but i still put him on there. but she SIL wants to b**** everytime my kids do something wrong. i guess like i said i am just aggravated. Sorry you ladys i know i can't tell her how to raise her kids but he is 3

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:27 PM on Aug. 26, 2010 in General Parenting

• lol.. well i pushed for my son to potty train around the age of one and it DID NOT work at all. I was so determined that all it did was push him further away from any possible progress. He is now 3 and i recently as in 3 weeks just got him potty trained. They have to be ready though. They say if they are still waking up with a full diapers and arent showing any signs that they are ready then dont push them. One day when i was giving my son a bath .. i always said "please dont potty in the tub baby" i was about to wash his hair and he asked if he could go potty... needless to say i was thrilled from then on he just trained himself never wet his bed nothing.. not even pullups at night.
    Proudparent707

Answer by Proudparent707 at 4:34 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• All kids are diffrent though. Im sure if you were able to put him on the potty and if he stayed then hes ready cause those are usually the first signs and first steps :) GL
    Proudparent707

Answer by Proudparent707 at 4:37 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• All kids are different but I would definately have started well before 3. I started with my twins at one and a half, just got all the stuff we needed and if they wanted to sit on the potty they could. They got very comfortable with it and were never scared. They had some success by 2 or so and at 2 and a half I picked a week and put them in underwear and made them go every hour. They were totally trained within 2 weeks after that.
    mrspierce06

Answer by mrspierce06 at 4:43 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• We started training our son after he turned 3. It took 2 weeks. WOO! We started training our daughter when she was 18 months. It took FOREVER.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 6:21 PM on Aug. 27, 2010