do a three month old baby suppose to cry and fuss all day

my three month old son fuss and cry all day I dont know what be wrong with him I know his stomach don't hurt..I just dont know what to do all he do is cry n fuss HELP

tyquencia

Asked by tyquencia at 4:32 PM on Aug. 26, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yes. He is a BABY. They cry.

HOLD HIM.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 4:33 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Its not normal for them to cry all day. Fussiness in the evening is normal, but not all day. Your baby is trying to tell you something hurts. Google symptoms of acid reflux. See if any of it sounds like him.
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 4:34 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Are you breastfeeding or formula feeding? If it's formula, he may be sensitive to the type of formula and you should talk to your pediatrician about switching.

He may also just want to be held and coddled. If you need to get things done around the house, try using a Moby wrap to hold your baby, so you can be hands-free, but your baby will have the benefit of being close to you.
    arouthier

Answer by arouthier at 4:34 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Some do, my son did. No matter how much we held him, rocked him, talked to him, he cried. Some have problems with digestion and gas and it causes pain. Try moving his legs around it might help.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 4:34 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• try giving him some gripe drops and hold him a lot. try laying him on your arms on his belly and rocking
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 4:35 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• how do you know his stomach doesnt hurt? lol. can you feel his stomach?

hold him and rock him.. my son did that all day too when he was 3 months old.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 4:35 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Maybe he has colic. It's not normal for him to cry that much when he's fed, dry and well rested.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 4:35 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• my son had colic and in between the colic spells he cried ALL day - how do you know his tummy doesn't hurt? Could it be reflux? seems to be the newest diagnosis! Maybe he isn't tolerating the breast/formula whichever you do - my son was not a spit up baby but you could hear his tummy churn also -try gripe water - gas drops - swings - bouncing - some babies are truly just WAY harder than most - I had one of those- !!! it gets easier - hang in there.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 4:39 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• make a doc appt...it could be colic or gas...my son had gas...and i dint know until his grandmother on his father side told me all her kids had gas...and sure enough when i took him to the doc...that's what it was
    TezMoM

Answer by TezMoM at 4:45 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• How do you know his stomach doesn't hurt?
    He could have gas.
    He could want to be held.
    He could be hungry.
    He could need a nap.
    It could be a million things.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 5:09 PM on Aug. 26, 2010