Toddler Bed?

When should I switch my DD from her crib to a toddler bed?

TashaMarie349

Asked by TashaMarie349 at 4:36 PM on Aug. 26, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• When she is trying to climb in or out of her crib or when you are trying to potty train at night.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 4:39 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I switched my twins at about a year and a half. Whenever she starts to climb out of her crib or you are afraid that she will climb out.
    mrspierce06

Answer by mrspierce06 at 4:40 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I just switched my son he is 16 months old. I am so happy I did, he loves it. He doesn't feel trapped in his crib.
    ktinaza

Answer by ktinaza at 5:38 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• My son will be 2 next week and is still in his crib. He loves it and until he starts climbing out or not sleeping too well we'll keep him in there.
    KJohnson4762

Answer by KJohnson4762 at 8:41 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I bought my daughter her toddler bed to go along with her 2nd birthday. It took her a few months to get used to it, but we finally got rid of one crib!
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 9:01 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Forget the toddler bed...just go for a twin and start with a twin mattress on the floor. When your toddler hasn't fallen out of the mattress for a few weeks, put it up on a frame with a roll bar. I put my daughter in a twin bed at 18 mo. (we had another baby coming and I didn't want to buy a second crib) and she did fine. Everyone is different though. Make sure the room is thoroughly baby proofed and doors are secure...you don't want your little one wandering around the house in the middle of the night!
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 11:01 PM on Aug. 26, 2010