HOW DO I FIND A NEW BFF????

SO I HAVE A BFF, BUT I DONT CONSIDER MYSLEF HER BFF ANYMORE. LONG STORY SHORT I HAVE ALWAYS BEEN THERE FOR HER AND SHE TOTALLY SOLD ME OUT. I WAS MARRIED 2 WEEKS AGO AND SHE DID NOT SHOW UP, DID NOT THROW ME A PARTY, DINNER, NOTHING. NOW IM JUST DISGUSTED!! I HAVE PAID HER BILLS EVEN THOUH SHE IS MARRIED WITH A LOSER HUSBAND..I BROUGHT PAPMERS, MILK, ALL OF THE ABOVE AND PRETTY MUCH DID HER WEDDING 9 YRS AGO. SO NW I AM IN BOYNTON BEACH FLORIDA LOOKING FOR A BFF THAT WILL DO FOR ME WHAT I WILL DO FOR HER..THICK AND THIN.NO MATTER WHAT. HELP.. HOW DO YOU MEET SOMEONE AND START ALL OVER? ANY LADIES ON HERE NEAR ME? I DONT EVEN WANNA TALK TO HER ANYMORE I TALK TO HER ONCE A DAY NOW PRETTY MUCH SHORT AND SIMPLE ON MY PART.

ladysav

Asked by ladysav at 4:41 PM on Aug. 26, 2010 in Relationships

• Does a BFF stands for Best Friend Forever
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 4:47 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I am in Florida, a little too far from you but I totally understand!! I have a BFF, that I feel I have just totally grown out of. She is all drama all the time, over nothing. She has no serious problems and every time we talk its all about her and how bad her life is...........please. ANyhow I want to meet some new friends or even just one really good person with a good outlook on life to hang out with or talk to.

I am sorry I am not much help but I feel the same way.
    It s tough to find friends as an adult. who knew
    readytogetgoing

Answer by readytogetgoing at 4:50 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I'm sorry. I had a friend sell me out yesterday, I don't know whether to be pissed or sad. Sounds like you put more into the friendship than she cared to. You're better off without having "friends" like that. You can meet up with other moms for a playdate or something. I know there are some groups on here that meet up for playdates. Do a CM search for Florida mom groups and see if someone lives in your area that would like to have playdates or something.
    PoisonousBlonde

Answer by PoisonousBlonde at 4:51 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• First of all, you don't go out searching for a best friend. Second of all, you don't go out searching for someone who's going to buy you things, pay for your things, etc. There is no obligation in friendship to do those things for people. It has to be a choice, just as you made the choice to do those things for her. Yes, a true friend would return the favor if needed, but not all people are like that. You don't go out looking for that though. Best friendships are things that happen naturally, not saught out. Now, if you're going out looking for friends in general then hit up mom groups, moms here on CM in your area, etc. But don't go out looking for someone to be everything, especially to be your best friend.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 5:04 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Best friends are hard to come by. Its hard to hit it off with someone. Good luck. I am now pulling away from someone whom I thought was my BFF. I have always been there for her, listened to her, helped her, etc. I moved away and live 3 1/2 hours from her and she hasnt visited me once. She keeps saying she will but keep putting me off. Whatever......I dont need a friend whom is not going to make me a priority in her life.
    Esmrlda

Answer by Esmrlda at 6:18 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• okay...may i was a little misunderstood. all i was saying was that after over 9 years od beibg frinds and the things that i have done for her..she could have CAME to my wedding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now i am just trying to find a way to meet new people. im sorta a home body and dont go out much with 4 kids at home, but i want to meet more wemon and not just have one friend (its very depressing to just have one friend) and that friend just jerks u off!!
    ladysav

Comment by ladysav (original poster) at 7:09 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• My BFF passed away in 2005 and I am still without a new one. I think it's something that happens, you can't force it.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 8:18 PM on Aug. 28, 2010