If you had a choice between putting your baby in daycare or letting your over bearing, controlling mother in law move in to take care of him, which would you choose?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:50 PM on Oct. 9, 2008 in General Parenting

• There's actually nothing wrong with daycare if you do your research and don't overuse it.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 6:52 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• well with the way our economy is and how much things cost now-a-days I'd suck it up and let the mother-in-law take care of the child...as long as she didn't hurt the kid or indanger the kid I would just let her to save money in the end. -Sincerely Cyndi "D
    SuperbowlBoys

Answer by SuperbowlBoys at 6:52 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• daycare
    Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 6:52 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• Daycare. My MIL is too lazy to take care of my kids. She puts my potty trained 3 almost 4 year old dd in pull-ups when she has her, so she doesn't have to worry about taking her to the bathroom when she has to go.
    LolosMom

Answer by LolosMom at 6:58 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• I agree with prettyrayray on the daycare thing. Both of my boys have always gone to daycare...and my youngest will sometimes cry on the weekends because he doesn't get to see his daycare provider. If you don't get along with you MIL now, just think how misearable things can get! Which in turn can be hard for your kids to have to witness. I love my MIL, but I know for my sanity I need my distance when it comes to my kids and their upbringing.
    Moto-mom

Answer by Moto-mom at 7:01 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• DAYCARE!! My mother in-law moved in with use to take care of the baby while we were at work and it did nothing but cause problems with me and my husband! and ended up having to pay more for living expences than I would have spent putting her in daycare
    robinalbright

Answer by robinalbright at 7:08 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• Uuuuuh Daycare. Heaven forbid you and your mother in law get on worse terms because she is there all the time. Let alone in your home, all up in your grill. Sooner or later advice and opinions will arise ... in person.
    yeahbaby3

Answer by yeahbaby3 at 7:35 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• Daycare
    TiffanyLove18

Answer by TiffanyLove18 at 7:43 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• Daycare.
    There is no way in heck I'd let my MIL watch my child. I was forced to leave her in my MIL's care once, for a few hours, when she was only 2 weeks old. My daughter was in the same place, in the same diaper, when I came home 2 hours later. My MIL was also in the same place - sitting on the sofa reading a book. It was obvious that she hadn't even picked her up the entire time! When I walked in, my MIL hoped up from the sofa, quickly dropping the book, with exclamations of "Oh, I was just about to check on her." I never left her alone with my MIL again.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 7:55 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• wow, its funny how so many people chose daycare...I was leaning that way myself!
    Anonymous