Should I get my girls a tv for c-mas

Should I get my girls a tv for c-mas??? I would like for them to have one with an DVD PLAYER. I always buy them 1 big things and I think this should be there big thing. They are 3,5, and 6 years old

sguy1983

Asked by sguy1983 at 4:50 PM on Aug. 26, 2010 in Holidays

• That's a great gift as long as it's not in their bedroom! Then you'll have a whole new set of issues to deal with.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 4:52 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• my girls have their own bedroom. So my 2.5 year old doesn't have a tv yet, but my 5 year old got one because my mom gave her one that she had. She got it after her 5th birthday
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 4:53 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I bought a tv and DVD player for my DD when she was 7 or so. She can't watch anything on it but DVD's (no cable in her room). It's worked out nice for us, she was really into Barbie movies, I was able to watch those things through with her once :)
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 4:54 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I was goin to put it in their bedroom. They have one in there now but no DVD PLAYER and they lov it.
    sguy1983

Comment by sguy1983 (original poster) at 4:54 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Movies are always good. :)
    sguy1983

Comment by sguy1983 (original poster) at 4:55 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• i think itd be a great gift.
    LuvMyLilMonstrs

Answer by LuvMyLilMonstrs at 4:56 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I personally don't agree with TV's in kid's bedrooms. I don't think that have that type of distraction from sleep, homework, etc is a good idea. However, if they have a playroom then that's a great place to get one.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 5:00 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I say yes but try and get it before the holiday. You wouldnt want to give gifts just because its a holiday. Give it simply out of love. That always makes me feel better when i do it that way.
    peachfuzz2009

Answer by peachfuzz2009 at 5:03 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Well my girls are only 3 so I'm not there yet on this issue, I'm not sure what we will do later. But my parents rule was 13 years old you can have your own tv in your room and 16 you can have a phone in your room.
    mrspierce06

Answer by mrspierce06 at 5:33 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• My dd has had a TV for about 3 yrs in her bedroom as I got so tired of watching Dora, & all the other crap that is on for kids to watch now. It had it's own DVD player but that went out. We have no play room it's her room or no room now she has a flat screen with a seperate DVD player. I think it's a great gift if you don'twant to watch the stuff they are wtaching
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 7:15 PM on Aug. 26, 2010