how can you find housing when you can't find work?

sher71

Asked by sher71 at 4:54 PM on Aug. 26, 2010 in Money & Work

• apply for assistance, live with family.
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 4:56 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• IDK- even section 8 requires that you pay something. Can you move in w/ friends/family? The shelters are prob. full & I personally wouldn't want that. Can you get at least a part time job to help your financial situation? Or how about someone like a "house -mom" at a college dorm?
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 4:57 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• If you're on unemployment you can apply for section 8 housing or rent assited housing.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 4:58 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• dang that is hard...rentals are wanting credit checks, rental history, proof you can pay in my town...huge first and last and deposit requirements.

if I were "childless" (negate the thought) I'd living in and work for an elderly person...or better yet...be a KOA employee and live on site
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 5:03 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• You'll need income or have assets to be in that home. That's the very first question you should ask them. GL
    musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 5:08 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I did find this as an idea.  Q. Where can I find free housing?

House Sitters & Sitting from Housecarers

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 5:31 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• i live with my parents, plus my brother his gf and new baby, and my aunt, me and my boys get to sleep on the floor of the front room, we have no privicey, no space to put anything and i feel like i have no say on anything no even my kids or dog, or with myself!!!!!!!! my ex took my car after i left him!!! and since i had to move back to ut. i haven't been able to see the love of my life!!!!!!! he's still in cali waiting to move here with me. i have been applying for jobs but not getting any!!!!!!!! my old boss don't like me and i don't know why???? so i think she's giving me bad ref's!!!!! so im stuck and don't know what to do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    sher71

Comment by sher71 (original poster) at 5:40 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• can you fake out test your boss with friend calling?
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 8:39 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• There are great tips and resources in the CafeMom Job Hunting Moms group

Answer by rkoloms at 8:56 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Government assistance is the only thing I can think of. Can you hold out until you get a job? Just keep on trying to get a job. I'm sure something will come up eventually. Try a temp agency. It's better than nothing.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 12:10 PM on Aug. 27, 2010