who is wrong me or Dh?

my dh is mad at me cause i wont give him my student loan check. i plan on gettin tires for my car, they are nearly bald and i have to drive 10 miles one way to college, for me thats a necessity. plus im paying 6 months of car insurance and i need to get kids school clothes(which they need) and myself school supplies for next qrter which includes a lap top for my online course. and also need to pay for scrubs and background check(im going into a medical profession) and saving the rest back in case something comes up. he says i should pay all the bills so he can have spending $, he acts like im gonna blow this $ on stuff we dont need, which im not. he been callin into work and threatening to quit his job cause i wont hand over my SL$, i keep telling him that $ is for school. am i wrong for wanting to spend on my school related stuff? he says im being selfish...your thoughts?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:00 PM on Aug. 26, 2010 in Relationships

• The fact is, YOU will be responsible for paying that back with YOUR job once you graduate. Spend it on what you need and save the rest. He's being ridiculous. If for some reason the marriage fails between now and graduation (which I hope not, but still) you will have to pay for what he chooses to blow your money on and have nothing to show for it. Stand firm on this. Mine tries the same crap. He blows his money because he knows I get student loans, so i get stuck paying all the bills. I put a stop to it but he still tries. Good luck.
    LittleWeloosMom

Answer by LittleWeloosMom at 5:10 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• He's being a moron! Use it on what you need,not on what he WANTS

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:02 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• You're not being selfish, he's being irresponsible. Let him quit his job. When you're kickin ass in the medical profession, kick his ass to the curb haha jk (sorta)
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 5:03 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• you are not wrong at all dont give him anything its just gonna be spending money for him this is your future u need to remind him that by u doing this u are investing in your family future and the safety of the kids and yours as welcome if he cant understand still spend the money on what u need for school and remind him that its a student loan and that in the future u will have to pay this off and a good job well help in that
    cnoble927

Answer by cnoble927 at 5:08 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• He's a true idiot. If I were you, I'd re-eveluate this relationship.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 5:13 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• agree with ^ .. You are the one paying it back so spend it however you want to, so what if you wanna blow a few on something you dont need but something you want. Its in your name not his..tell him to go get a loan if he wants money, its no like its free you have to pay it back!! sheesh guys sometimes...i dont get them
    Brittney20

Answer by Brittney20 at 5:14 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Sounds like he is a control freak and want's to be the one in charge of YOUR money. You are being sensible, spend it on what you need/want! And threatening to quit his job? That's extremely immature.
    Chloeek86

Answer by Chloeek86 at 5:20 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• That is your money, with your name on that check. If he wants to attend school and get a school check then so be it. Good luck to you! Don't give in. Tires are SO important! You could have a blow out with children in the car. He is acting like a little child.
    MKSers

Answer by MKSers at 5:31 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• HE IS A DICK. There are not enough characters for me to say all the things that went through my mind as I read your post..... He is the one being selfish, as well as immature, irresponsible, etc., etc.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 5:43 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I think what you are wanting to do is responsible. He's wanting it so he can have spending money, in a round about way. And acting like a baby to get his way. He'll quit his job? I doubt it. What's he gonna do for spending money then?

He's wrong.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 5:46 PM on Aug. 26, 2010