when should i take my first pregnancy test?

i just had my period after like 3 months and i just had sex after my period was over and my fiance and i want to have a kid. but i am not sure when to take my first pregnancy test. should i take a pregnancy test after a month of having the intercourse?

shinny_star17

Asked by shinny_star17 at 5:00 PM on Aug. 26, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Although you could get pregnant at anytime, I wouldn't plan on testing early after having sex just once (esp. right after your period). If your period is late, then you should test. If you are TTC, you should research methods to track your most fertile days. Good luck!
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 5:06 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• well i have had sex since then and trying to get prego. im just not sure when i should test. thank you for your advice :D
    shinny_star17

Comment by shinny_star17 (original poster) at 5:10 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• fertilityfriend.com might be helpful
    maggiebella25

Answer by maggiebella25 at 5:11 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• You take a test after you miss your period. A week late is usually good. Test in the morning with your 1st urination.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:19 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• You should test 2 weeks after your missed period, and do in the morning with your first pee.
    Micki-Cook

Answer by Micki-Cook at 5:37 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Most over the counter tests claim to work as soon as your period is due, although I've found that they're not always completely accurate then. I'd wait at least a couple of weeks after that to see. Obviously a negative isn't definite anyway, as pregnancy tests that you buy yourself aren't always the most reliable.
    SarahBel

Answer by SarahBel at 6:58 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• My OB and a pharmacist told me the earliest the test is accurate is 2 weeks after the day you had sex :) It worked for me. I was 16 days past conception day (the day i had sex) and my test showed positive :)
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 8:25 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• thank you soo much. this has helped alot. :D i will try and take a test soon because its been 2 weeks and then i will take one after my first missed period :D
    shinny_star17

Comment by shinny_star17 (original poster) at 3:52 PM on Aug. 28, 2010