pets

My son wants a pet he can't be around dog or cats he is allergic to them I heard there are dog he can have do any1 kno any or any good pets to get him he is almost 4

kadmomma

Asked by kadmomma at 5:04 PM on Aug. 26, 2010 in Pets

• we have an aquarium.... goldfish are easy to take care of. we have a 60 gallon tank and the fish in there are 3-4 years old. we also have some hermit crabs (again really easy to care for), a betta (my 2yo is in charge of caring for him and he's doing a good job!), and a bird. i would not suggest birds because they are very messy and sometimes loud. i would stick to fish... all of my kids love them lol
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 5:07 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Poodles are supposedly "hypoallergenic." But they're really just LESS allergenic. There are other breeds as well that I can't think of off the top of my head.. Maybe schnauzers?

They have begun crossing poodles with a variety of breeds to get the hypoallergenic effect. There are Goldendoodles (Golden Retriever / Poodle), Labradoodles (Labrador / Poodle), etc.

You could always do a fish. :) Those betas are mighty easy to take care of and he could even keep it in his room. And they are gorgeous.
    Biz1985

Answer by Biz1985 at 5:08 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• There are dogs that don't shed like to Portuguese Water Dog and Poodle. Im not sure of cats. I hope that helps!
    janieishappy

Answer by janieishappy at 5:08 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• for a 4 year old i would get a fish tank or a lil cage or tank and put a hamster, or gerbil, or mouse in it
    Lori1818

Answer by Lori1818 at 5:57 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• most of your long silky hair dogs have actual hair not fur which makes them less hypoallergenic. poodles and poodles mixes shih tzu, maltese. if you going to get a dog don't start with a puppy for a 4 yr old. the larger the dog the less yappy and easier to train then the smaller dogs. go to dogbreedinfo.com and do searches of dogs that don't shed and read about their personalities. there is one to be a good match. i have 5 dogs 4 which are shih tzus and 2 poodles. one standard and one miniature. i have 0 hair in my house. i love it.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 8:21 PM on Aug. 26, 2010