What are some of your...

Alright, so I made homemade chicken soup today. I spent the morning making the stock and it came out perfectly. I let it sit and settle all day and tonight I made a quick and easy chicken noodle soup. Thing is...I forgot to add the chicken.

What are some of your "slap me I'm an idiot" cooking moments?

njmommy2boys

Asked by njmommy2boys at 6:58 PM on Oct. 9, 2008 in Just for Fun

• Hehehehe....

I have forgotten to put eggs in cakes, forgotten to grease pans, dropped a telephone receiver in a gravy boat, dropped a cheesecake on the floor face down, and dropped an entire plate of spaghetti on the floor.

The BEST (or worst, depending on your opinion) one was the time I put eggs in to boil and forgot them. I fell asleep. I awoke to my two-year-old daughter whining and telling me to make the smoke alarm be quiet. Ugh. I had to throw the pan away and everything.
    SkyeGirl

Answer by SkyeGirl at 8:26 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• Well tonight I made oven bbq chicken and I havne't gone to the store so i didn't have chili sauce. I couldn't find a homemade recipe so I concocted my own. It turned out pretty good, but still....It would have tasted better with the chili sauce I usually use.

When I was in high school I made cheesecake cupcakes and I only put in 1 box of cream cheese...needless to say they were flat...but they were still good! LOL
    kimbercase26

Answer by kimbercase26 at 7:10 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• I was making mac n cheese and I forgot to put the collander in the sink. Dumped all the noodles right down the garbage disposal. I was SOOOO mad!!!
    mmmommy0207

Answer by mmmommy0207 at 7:17 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• oh gosh there are so many. lol....Of course I can't remember any since I got put on the spot....I've forgotten to put the chicken the in the soup, in the chicken broccoli lasgna....I've dumped a whole pot of noodles down the drain...

oh here's the winner.....I was making creeps...and made the batter and it was just so weird...then I'd pour it in the pan and immediatly would bubble and burn. lol I"m like there's got to be something wrong with the batter. So I started over...and again...same thing. I was getting so frustrated by this point I ask my husband what I'm doing wrong...so he comes in to make the batter and asks me to give him the flour...and I said it's on the counter...he said no that's powdered sugar. OMG I had been using powederd sugar instead of flour...then he procedes to tell me that he told me not to put every thing in matching containers. lol
    yrulokin4me

Answer by yrulokin4me at 7:32 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• I misread the recipe for brownies once and used a whole cup of vegetable oil instead of half a cup. They were VERY moist.
    I made homemade tortellini soup and was ready to serve it before I realized I never added them. Luckily they cooked fast!
    TeaAndrews

Answer by TeaAndrews at 7:50 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• hahaha those are some funny stories! Good Q! I wish there were more of these on cafemom!
    Anonymous

• I'm going to have to go with cooking a strawberry pie. I was right out of high school trying to cook for a boyfriend...the first time in my life...and I "baked' a strawberry pie instead of just the crust. It looked just awful. White berries floating in a sea of thin berry juice. omg...yeah, that's one I haven't forgotten!
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 8:30 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• letting bacon burn and letting the pot of beans run out of water.
    tellis

Answer by tellis at 9:39 AM on Oct. 10, 2008

• My sister made me a birthday cake from scratch. Try to imagine our faces when we took the first bite, only to realize that she forgot to add the sugar. Something about birthday cakes! My son loves Barney. I made him a Barney cake for his birthday. I was sick, running 101 degree fever. I was trying my best to get Barney just right. I had a lot of problems with getting the purple icing the right shade of purple. I kept adding more and more red and blue food coloring. Finally, I gave up and just finished the cake with the best purple I could get. It looked pretty good. My sister was the first to eat a piece. The more she ate, the more we laughed. We brought her a mirror. She very lovely PURPLE lips, and PURPLE teeth.

zachsmom900

Answer by zachsmom900 at 2:42 AM on Oct. 11, 2008