Looking back, whats the silliest thing you did/didn't do when you were pregnant for fear it might harm the baby?

Trying to get pregnant I have been treating myself like I am pregnant just to be safe although this time around I am not nearly as silly as I was when I was pregnant with my first...I did the WEIRDEST things that seem really dorky looking back! For example:
I wouldnt inhale hairpray..I would spray it while holding my breathe and run out of the bathroom. LOL.
I also remember taking a shower and making an effort to spit out every soap infused drop of water that got in my mouth for fear of swallowing it...I knew it was silly then but couldnt help it!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:08 PM on Aug. 26, 2010 in Just for Fun

• uumm...uuummm...thinking...ok nothing...lol. i kinda just did whatever and stayed away from what i knew would be bad for the baby...in each pregnancy. although i did go around second hand smoke alot, my IL's smoke all the time...in their house even. i'd try to stay outside or in the back room where you couldn't smell it as bad...the stuff gave me heartburn. nothing that you would consider silly though...
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 5:11 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• omg..i totally did that with the hairspray..also when big trucks drove by me and looked like they were putting out lots of exhaust i would drive by them fast so the fumes wouldnt come into my car..lol
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 5:12 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• The only thing I can think of is that I didn't go to the ER when I broke my wrist while I was pregnant. I didn't want them to do anything to me or try to give me anything for it.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 5:12 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• i refused to be around anyone who smoked
    i only drank water and milk and occasionally i would drink juice
    shay1130

• haha wow this brings back so many memories. I wouldnt put on lostion.. I also held my breath when a sick person walked past me as if i could stop germs from getting near me lol
    Proudparent707

Answer by Proudparent707 at 5:14 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I only listened to the tv and radio in the car at low volumes. I was a little scared that it would damage her hearing. :-)
    I wore gloves when cleaning with anything harsher than hand soap and shampoo (windex, bleach, toilet cleaner) because I was afraid that the cleaners would absorb through my skin.
    I dyed my hair, but it was on the porch on a very windy day so that the smell would be blown away faster. Not a good idea, I had red stripes on my cheeks for days!
    After I talked to my doctor about these, he told me simply being outside was enough, I didn't need the gloves, and her hearing was fine. :-) First time jitteres I guess!
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 5:25 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I really can't think of much. I never bought in to the "don't do this/don't do that" shit that the books and magazines all preach... I think the only thing I did that really makes me laugh is I quit wearing heals in the beginning because someone told me they could damage my tendons in my legs - Which very HIGH heals can do during pregnancy... But I quit wearing even tiny heals because I already have leg issues and didn't want more.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 5:36 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• LOL...I had to humor my grandma who wouldn't let me raise my arms over my head. She said it would wrap the cord around the baby's neck. We moved into a house a week before I delivered. She helped us move, moved right in with us and unpacked EVERYTHING! There were things I didn't find until we moved again years later! LMAO. When I got home from the hospital, she tried to keep me in bed for 2 solid weeks! I humored her for 2 days. Then, just couldn't stand it any longer. She just KNEW I was never gonna heal right.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 5:41 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I wouldn't take a bath because I didn't want to get the water too hot. I only took showers.
    hepmommy

Answer by hepmommy at 5:46 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• In the beginning of my first pregnancy I slept on my left side only because I thought I was suppose to. I also did not lay on my stomach my entire pregnancy from the start because I was too afraid to. I like this question!
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 5:54 PM on Aug. 26, 2010