How long did it take you to get AF back after Mirena IUD?

Same as above. How long did it take you to get AF back after Mirena IUD removal and how long did you have your IUD in?

maggiebella25

Asked by maggiebella25 at 5:09 PM on Aug. 26, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• I had mine taken out on July 2nd. and On july 5th i had two days of bleeding. not sure if that was removal related or actually a period.. then I had a regular period again on july 26th and now i am on it again so my cycle was 29 days long this time. My doc said it would probably be around 10 days that you get your next period but it may be light.
    bossyboots114

Answer by bossyboots114 at 11:27 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I just had mine put in. My dr told me that if I have it taken out...my period should return next cycle.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 5:14 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I haven't gotten mine back. But of course I am breastfeeding too. Sucks cause I am TTC
    maggiebella25

Comment by maggiebella25 (original poster) at 9:06 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I had mine for almost 3 years and just had it removed Aug 2. I have yet to receive a visit from AF. I did have a little bleeding (one pad) the day it was removed, but that was it.
    CakeMaker84

Answer by CakeMaker84 at 1:21 AM on Aug. 29, 2010