Pornography?

Would you let your husband watch it? and if not.. How would you handle it if you caught him doing so?

Proudparent707

Asked by Proudparent707 at 5:11 PM on Aug. 26, 2010 in Relationships

• Ooh you're talking about a subject I am passionately against. I think it does serious damage. I honestly believe our sexual gratification should come solely from our husbands / wives. When people watch porn, our brain is activated in the same place it gets active when we use drugs. Addiction to pornography is becoming very common and ruining lives. Men stop thinking of their wives in the bedroom, wives start comparing themselves to the women on the screen, marriages become seriously strained.

That's just a little portion of my rant. lol. Sorry! But I say no, no, NO! It's treading in dangerous waters. If you catch him, tell him how it makes you feel. If he can't stop it cold turkey, see a counselor.
    Biz1985

Answer by Biz1985 at 5:26 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Not only do I let him watch it, I encourage it.

Personally, I don't see how ANY wife has the right to decide what her husband is or isn't ALLOWED to do... He's not your child, he's your partner.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 5:13 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Dont see a big deal with it, *we watch it * it kinda spices things up :)
    Brittney20

Answer by Brittney20 at 5:18 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• *We* watch.
    SabrinaBean

Answer by SabrinaBean at 5:15 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Lets face it, most guys are horn dogs & this is just something they like to do. As long as it doesn't harm your relationship & he's still faithful, then let him have his outlet. In fact, he may learn a trick or 2 to help spice things up!
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 5:15 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• i would probably be upset if he was watching without me..but no we don't watch it
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 5:17 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I think it is silly to say you allow or don't allow your husband to watch it. He's not a child. There is nothing wrong with watching it. My husband and I have several dvds and watch it together, plus I'm sure he watches it by himself as well. If you "catch" him watching it, it is because he thinks you won't approve so he hides it.
    moviemom22

Answer by moviemom22 at 5:20 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• would i 'let' him watch it? he's a grown man, older than i..if he wants to do something, well....i actually think it'd be funny to watch it with him. he'd be all analytical and detailed about who was doing who where and how, and comparing it to god-knows-what. i really don't think he'd sit and 'enjoy' it for its purpose. plus, he'd turn into a giggling 14yo boy..i just know it.
    men can be so immature when it comes to sex.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 5:25 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• well considering my husband is an adult and i don't "let" or "not let" him do anything... i would express my feeling about it - whatever they are for or against watching - my boundaries, etc., and expect that as my husband he would respect my feelings as well as be honest about his actions and take the responsibility of communicating his opinion to me if it is different....
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 5:31 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I would let him watch. I would hope he would want to watch with me.
    I pray that it wouldn't be an addiction. I don't consider myself insecure but I question if he is looking at it because he wants someone who look like those girls in the video. I don't have implants and my vajayjay is not hairless. Actually, I'm not worried because my husband doesn't even bat an eye at a blond with fake boobs.
    I would let him watch. If I caught him, I'd just say, "humm...is this a new thing?" LOL
    Denise2000

Answer by Denise2000 at 5:32 PM on Aug. 26, 2010