I have two boys one is 21 months the other is 2 almost three anyway they are both haveing loose stools that are sour smelling what could be causing this?

they dont eat alot of sugar
they dont drink swweet drinks like soda
they have never had chocalate
they both drink whole milk when my second one turns two i am switching to skim has anyone else had a similiar problem and what did it turn out to be

MoMMyto2971

Asked by MoMMyto2971 at 5:20 PM on Aug. 26, 2010 in Kids' Health

• I agree with SoniaL and I would say that it is definitely something in their diet that is the cause. My first guess would be to try giving them a little extra iron filled foods to hardened their stool and try adding a very small amount of apple cider vinegar to their water to cleanse their bodies of any sickness. Avoid giving them apple juice, eggplant, or other laxative food.

sugahmamma

Answer by sugahmamma at 9:30 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• it sounds like a tummy bug (stomach virus) and will probably go away within 24 hours. you could give them pedialyte. my kids have had that before. be sure to spray everything with lysol or disinfect everything after they go to bed everynight or they could catch it again (happened to me before i thought to do that!) gl
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 5:22 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• my daugher (1) has had lose stools for 2 wks now!! i have no idea whats causing it! the dr hasn't gotten the results back yet. how long have they had it?? might wanna call the dr if its been too long..
    proudmommy690

Answer by proudmommy690 at 5:37 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• call dr
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 7:07 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Loose stools can be indicative of 1. too much dairy or 2. a food allergy
    SoniaL

Answer by SoniaL at 10:23 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I was thinking tummy bug as well but is it something that is going on for a long time frame?
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 4:51 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• its not really diarhea its soft pasty yellowish and sour smelling i was thinking it could be dairy can kids develop a allergy to dairy at any time
    MoMMyto2971

Comment by MoMMyto2971 (original poster) at 5:37 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• bump
    san78

Answer by san78 at 12:59 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• If this is something new then its probly a stomack bug I would cut out atleast milk till it stops and try the BRAT diet and see if it hardens things up!! BRAT...Bananas-Rice-Apples-Toast
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 12:04 PM on Aug. 28, 2010