whats my deal?

im going through a divorce because my s2bx is abusive and also had several affairs and the last one resulted in the other woman gettin pregnant. our marriage was pretty much over 2 years ago when i caught him with my best friend, but i stuck around hoping i would get over it and tried to make things work but he keeps lieing and cheating and puttin me down. so i met this online guy friend face to face the other day, he said he would tutor me with my calculus class and neither of us expected things to turn out more than that. well i ended up kissin him last time we studied together and we both feel some sort of connection. i feel guilty cause im not divorced yet and didnt plan on starting something new with someone else. i know im just starving for attention, so how do i get over him/this? no bashing please i feel bad enough already

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:36 PM on Aug. 26, 2010 in Relationships

• Hon there is no reason you should feel bad because in the end he was the one to move on first and things are over between you. I would just advise to take it slow with the op and if those feelings are real then go with it.
    binder5

Answer by binder5 at 5:50 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• if you both feel something for each other then be honest with him and tell him it has to wait until your divorce is finalized. you don't need the added stress of trying to hide a new relationship from your 's2bx' and you need to get through the divorce and get in a healthy place before you get serious with a new guy... hopefully he cares for you and will respect your need to wait a bit but will be there for you when YOU'RE ready, kwim? GL!
    DreainCO

Answer by DreainCO at 5:40 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Which this/him are you hoping to get over?

Generally, the simplest way to leave something behind and move on is to find something that you actually believe is really important to do. So, while you're washing the hair that remains on breast cancer patients in hospice --or whatever-- you don't simultaneously have time to feel lonely or sad or obsessed or at a loose end which might make hanging out with losers and idiots attractive.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 5:41 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Well, it sounds like you were ready to move on from your soon 2B ex when you met your online "friend". I'd start living your life the way you choose. Even though you were/are married, you are no longer "commited" to him.
    CarlyCo

Answer by CarlyCo at 5:46 PM on Aug. 26, 2010