pink eye??

Can a 9 week old get pink eye? what are signs of pink eye...my daugthers left eye now has greenish eye boogers and is getting red. She is not rubbing it or anything though. Was not sure if it could be pink eye now that its getting redish??

falanlee

Asked by falanlee at 7:04 PM on Oct. 9, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My lil one had that same thing around that very same age. Her physician gave me some drops for her eye but I only use it once. It made her eye red. So another one of the nurses told me to put some breastmilk in her eye and massage it. I thought that was weird but guess what...it worked.
    BabyAdalys

Answer by BabyAdalys at 7:24 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• crustiness and gooey along the eye. Is a good sign. Its easy to catch.. you should take her to the doc or er asap. She is still newborn. You have to be super duper careful. Please dont pick at her eye. You could think you washed your hands good enough and still get it. lol I wouldn't go no were near my eye if I was you. If your eye itches, use a rag and cold water to pat it. Wash your hands frequently and get medicine for you and the baby. Just in case you get it next. Until then apply neosporin around your eye area until the doc is reached. (with a q-tip)

yeahbaby3

Answer by yeahbaby3 at 7:27 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• my son had that, and i thought it was pink eye too.. but its a version of it, they will just give you drops for it, twice a day... also, it could be just a clogged tear duct.. their ducts start working around this age, and once they get the goop out which is right about now, then it will be clear tears... I was so mad, cause i thought my SIL's kids had touched my newborn, he was only 9 days old.. she isnt the cleanest person, she says she is, but ha, she's not.. anyhow, i took him to the doctor, and they said it was either a bacterial virus, infection or a clogged tear duct, but without further testing they werent sure, but didnt want to test on a small infant, so they sent home the drops, and it ended up being a clogged duct, he still gets it every now and then.
    sweetscrappin

Answer by sweetscrappin at 11:43 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• Yes they can get pink eye. My DD got it at one week old because she never cried! (Lucky me!!) they can give you drops or like Lydia, a salve to put on it. It cleared up quickly. Take her in and get it checked though, as eye infections can cause major problems if left untreated.
    Emmy_Dollface

Answer by Emmy_Dollface at 11:56 PM on Oct. 9, 2008