I'm only 8 weeks and the Fetal Heart beat is 174bpm is it a boy or girl?

kentuckyprinces

Asked by kentuckyprinces at 7:05 PM on Oct. 9, 2008 in Pregnancy

• The Wives Tale says it's a girl but it's not accurate, so don't get your hopes up.
    amydh

Answer by amydh at 7:14 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• its really an old wives tale but its fun. i think the faster it is (like over 120) makes it a girl and the slower ( under 120) makes it a boy. but my kids heartbeat was 160ish so i was hoping it was a girl and it turned out to be a boy. so play wit it have fun but dont let it get your hopes up
    kstarr87

Answer by kstarr87 at 7:16 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• Its a wivestale don't go by the heart rate or how you carry your child I had a boy July 07 her heartrate all through pregnancy was 140 I am now due in January with a girl her heart rate is 143

My best friend who is due around the same time she first had a boy all through her pregnancy his heart rate was 140 now she is having another boy and his heart rate is 167
    Married2theBest

Answer by Married2theBest at 7:17 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• i had a girl when the heart rate was in the 174
    Anonymous

• It's a wives tale. Mine was really high like that for a while and people were saying I was having a girl...I had a boy.
    TiffanyLove18

Answer by TiffanyLove18 at 7:39 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• It's a human. Any info beyond that won't come from the heartbeat.
    Anonymous

• mine is in the 140s and its a girl. my sons was 160s and he was a boy. you really cannot tell by the heartbeat. you will have to wait til your u/s at around 20 wks.
    edgpag

Answer by edgpag at 8:46 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• I was told if heart rate high its a girl!
    UkranianMOMMY

Answer by UkranianMOMMY at 9:30 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• its too soon to even tell if it is a boy or girl. Its not until week 15 that its apparent on a fetus and generally cant be viewed until around week 17 or later
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 10:09 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• Girls are generally higher, but my OB told me that in the very beginning, all babies heart rates are high so you can't tell.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:52 AM on Oct. 10, 2008