Why do people who can't handle being disagreed with without having a massive meltdown answer questions they can't handle?

Seriously, if the category is controversial, and you think it's your job to call people out as evil any time they say something you disagree with, shouldn't you stick to the easy sections like crazy for credits and hobbies? It can't be good for someone's health to get all worked up any time they think they see a personal insult that isn't there. Why torture yourself?

(reposted in the right section this time, oops)

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 5:59 PM on Aug. 26, 2010 in About CafeMom

• clapping

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 6:00 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• you rock

Truelove77

Answer by Truelove77 at 6:01 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Well, what exactly is "not being able to handle it"? I answer controversial questions and I respond to the ones I think are rude, and sometimes call them out. Some I let go and don't even respond. I'll let someone know if I find it insulting (even if not to me directly) and I'll let them know if I think they're ignorant. I don't, however, just respond to something if I disagree. I have to find it actually insulting to a group of people to call someone out. However, that is not me being unable to handle it, lol. It's not torturous, nor do I actually get worked up. In reality, I'm usually laughing about it. I think a lot of people, maybe even myself included, answer questions more dramatically than they actually mean to, haha. However, if someone truly is having a meltdown over ANYTHING on Cafemom, it's time to clock the little black "x" on the top their computer screen. That's insane to get upset over a website like this.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 6:08 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• They live for the drama. Yes they get upset and scream and throw out insults, but that's part of the allure, I guess. They want to be loud, they want others to get riled up and take sides. It puts them at the center of attention.

You may think they're miserable and can't handle it, but I bet they're not at all.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 6:10 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I've gotten pissed over answers before, and I've called people out on their crap. I've never had anything even remotely resembling a "meltdown", and I've never taken anything anyone says about me to heart. (Example: I was called UGLY today, and was not the least bit phased by it. Other than the laughter, that is...) I'm responsive when it's called for, and sometimes even emotional, but I don't think that's exactly what you were talking about...?

DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 6:12 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• you rockbow downclapping

some people are just so use to people agreeing with them, that they can't handle anyone not.

MomtoMichael2

Answer by MomtoMichael2 at 6:12 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Well, what exactly is "not being able to handle it"?

In general? Attacking the person instead of explaining why you find the idea objectionable or why you don't think they should have the right to share it. Happens quite a bit the past few days. I'd say being unable to make a point without offering a single reason besides the other person is a big meanie poopiehead (in so many words) is the epitome of not being able to handle it.
    NotPanicking

Comment by NotPanicking (original poster) at 6:13 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• You may think they're miserable and can't handle it, but I bet they're not at all. "

The ones that are actually mean and nasty I think are miserable.Something is wrong inside that they feel the need to hate others. It's all a big cycle. Hate is poison and only makes a person meaner.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 6:13 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Some people take it too far. I know I do sometimes. My bad!
    GinNTonic

Answer by GinNTonic at 6:14 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• but I don't think that's exactly what you were talking about...?

No, although that pm you got contributed (entertaining as it was)
    NotPanicking

Comment by NotPanicking (original poster) at 6:14 PM on Aug. 26, 2010