How long after adult content

you gave birth did you start having sex again?

janieishappy

Asked by janieishappy at 6:00 PM on Aug. 26, 2010 in General Parenting

• 6 weeks

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 6:00 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• it changed with each of my pregnancies.

First one, 4weeks, 2nd- 5wks, 3rd- 19wks, 4th- 22weeks, 5th- 3mths and 6th was a little over 19 weeks.
    MomtoMichael2

Answer by MomtoMichael2 at 6:02 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• After 5 weeks when the bleeding stop. I didn't have rough sex nothing like thatm
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 6:02 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I waited the whole 8wks with my first and only 4wks with my second. Both were c/s with very little bleeding afterwards.
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 6:03 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I didn't know that you weren't supposed to --having only heard that you wouldn't want to...

Between birth and about 3 months post-partum, a woman's hormones are all over the house --and it is possible for her to ovulate, even multiple times, in this period. It is dangerous to both the woman and the next baby to become pregnant so quickly after birth, so all societies in the world have taboos of one kind or another about sex in the early post-partum period.

So, it's not that you 'can't or even that you don't want to... it's that you should avoid getting pregnant at this point in time...and the simplest way to do that is to avoid sex...
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 6:04 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• 6 weeks
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 6:14 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I waited like 3 days with my first and like a week with my second. HOWEVER< technically, you uterus is an o pen wound when where the placenta detaches and it is dangerous to introduce infection, but I say do whatever you are comfortable with.
    -crunchy-mama-

Answer by -crunchy-mama- at 6:15 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• It's not just about getting pregnant, it is also about giving your body time to heal.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 6:20 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• A long time... LOL. We just weren't in the mood. DD had health issues and after being released from the NICU I still had to monitor her around the clock and stay on top of her meds for 2 months. I was so tired from taking care of her all day, that by the time DF came home. I was ready for him to help get DD ready for bed, then go to bed myself. He was working 2 jobs at the time so he was always tired, too. Eventually, we got into the groove of things and started having sex again.
    sadiesmom87

Answer by sadiesmom87 at 6:24 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• 6 weeks.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 7:00 PM on Aug. 26, 2010