how can i find things to teach my son

i would like to know dose anyone know where i can get some things so i can teach my son before he starts head start he knows alot but i want him to know more he knows how to say his ABC and his NUMBERS but i want him to learn how to write them and how to write his name and things like that, Also i would like to know if anyone know of any free web sites where i can get things to get my son started

Number1Mommy204

Asked by Number1Mommy204 at 6:00 PM on Aug. 26, 2010 in

• Go to nick jr website that is where I get a lot of my things to teach my kids.
    binder5

Answer by binder5 at 6:03 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I don't know if you have a Barnes and Noble in your area or not, but that would be a great place to start. They have an excellent section for preschoolers to prepare them for preschool and kindergarten. They have a huge selection of books for kids of all ages, and try your local library too. Leap Frog have these great preschool laptops too.
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 6:04 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Google is your friend.
    MomtoMichael2

Answer by MomtoMichael2 at 6:04 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Oh I forget to mention preschool.com, and starfall.com. These two websites should be very helpful.
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 6:05 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• thanks everyone i will try them
    Number1Mommy204

Comment by Number1Mommy204 (original poster) at 6:07 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 6:09 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Dollar tree has preschool workbooks

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 6:11 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• flashcards
    queen.bee

Answer by queen.bee at 6:12 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• You can buy dry erase strips to practice writing his name. I do this with my son. I made one with his name on it. The others I put his name in dots to trace. Once he got the trace, we switched to writing freestyle. You can do this with letters and numbers.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 7:20 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• You don't need expensive equipment or websites to teach your young child reading and numbers. They're *already* all over your house. Get out your plastic measuring cups and spoons and let him play with them with water. He can count how many spoons it takes to fill a cup or how many cups it takes to fill a jar, etc. Pieces of breakfast cereal make good counting pieces. Read TO him and point at the words as you go. If you have to buy things, go to the dollar store and get the ABC fridge magnets. Start with simple words, "go", "no", "Cat", "rat" etc. and show him how the sounds add together to make the word. Even cheap post-it notes and writing tablets can be found at most fo the dollar stores I go to. Talk to him. often. Have him sit with you while you do something, like cook, and talk about what you're doing. And read on your own. Kids learn by example, and if they see you with good habits, they will pick them up too.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 7:22 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

Next question in
School Uniforms - Jewelry

Next question overall (General Parenting)
How long after adult content