Have you always meant to make amends to someone, but missed the chance?

Oh no another DIL story. But she had some how gotten my son in a feud with his sisters. On a Holiday he came up to see us and the youngest DD tried to resolve it, and he didn't want to discuss it. He left, she was crying. Five months later after not talking to any of us, yes DIL again, his sister was killed. We forgave him for not speaking to her, but I can't help but wonder what impact that has had on him. Now my other DD has been in the Hosp. 2 x and I'm always wondering, GOD forbid if this happens again, do I forgive him again for no amends & not speaking to his 2nd sister? Will my heart be big enough this time or broken too much? Have any of you missed your chance? And yes I have tried for hrs to resolve this but it just can't get resolved for some unknown reason, but yes again my DIL. She is a vverrrrrry long needy story herself.

MyAngel003

Asked by MyAngel003 at 6:14 PM on Aug. 26, 2010 in Relationships

• This is such a tough situation for you momma! I really don't know what advise to give to you. I think everyone has missed chances in their lives, some are alot bigger and more meaningful than others. I have had missed opportunties in my life to make amends, sure, but nothing like that. Have you talked one-on-one with your son about how he feels? Maybe he just needs a sounding board for right now. He may feel like he's being pushed away somehow and now doesn't know how to get back in, ya know? There is nothing you can do about the DIL unless you want him to feel more alienated. I know how it feels to be wronged and how it feels to do the wrong thing and both places really suck! You need to let some things slide and be open and there for your kids. Your DD will talk to him when she's ready and when he is too. He's the one who has to live with the regret if, God forbid, something happens to her. Good luck!!!
    michelle121003

Answer by michelle121003 at 7:19 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• yep
    regian19832002

Answer by regian19832002 at 12:34 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Yes, I've talked 1 on 1 several times. He always seems to turn it around and gets even madder, he's a keep it inside person, and I wish I was a sounding board for him. I have told him I love him, but it doesn 't mean I have to always like what he's doing. My Dil I've tried to be nice bec I learned what not to be by my MIL but she just doesn't seem to want any of us in their life. I just hope he doesn't regret it, we are not young , and you never know when the hand of GOD reaches out to take you home. His sister was only 20 when she was killed. Thanks for your thoughts.
    MyAngel003

Comment by MyAngel003 (original poster) at 6:37 PM on Aug. 28, 2010