Best cloth diapers for beginners?

I'm having another baby in December and need an inexpensive brand that actually works. What do you recommend?

DecemberMomma33

Asked by DecemberMomma33 at 6:22 PM on Aug. 26, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I'm a prefolds and covers Mama and LOVE them!  I've been using Real Nappies for over a year and they're my fav's by far. The covers are slim fitting and absorbent and the prefolds are Indian cotton so stay super soft and fluffy. Their bundle packs are good value if you're looking for a good place to start. I also have some WAHM diapers, Flip!, Econobum, BG's AIO's and 4.0 in my stash but the pf's and covers are the real stars in my stash. I use them when I go out and on vacation too. People probably think I'm nuts, but I pack my pail and take it with me. 

mynaturalbaby

Answer by mynaturalbaby at 6:27 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• A good website is www.cottonbabies.com (if I remember correctly) they even have a package of samples so you can try what you want and different types. I like pocket diapers, one size fits all, and ones with snaps. Those are the easiest, not necessarily cheapest, and of its one size fits all, its usually 8 lbs and up (if I remember correcty as well) so you don't have to worry about switching sized. you will need ot get newborn diapers tooo though. Prefolds are the cheapest.
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 6:28 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I love BumGenius one-size cloth diapers. They go on and off just like a disposable diaper, with velcro tabs. Easy to use, wash, and they're adjustable. Bought them at cottonbabies.com. I've been using the same 18 diapers for 1 1/2 years now, and i love them.
    Melissa G.

Answer by Melissa G. at 10:48 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I alos really like cottonbabies.com. This is where I have ordered some of my bumgenius 3.0, which I love! You really get what you pay for with cloth diapers. If you want easy, you need to pay a bit more. The bum genius are not cheap, but they fit from about 8-35 lbs so it is really a one time purchase.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 7:11 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I do refolds with covers. It is the cheapest route.

Jilliansdrawers.com has a try it program. You get your money back on the diapers you don't want.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 9:29 PM on Aug. 26, 2010