How many times this Summer would you say you've gone to the park/playground?

we're just about to head out, have gone at LEAST 2-3 nights a week all Summer long. Minnesota nice seasons are short, try and make 'em last. Once a week time permitting we do a "park a palooza" and go to 4-6 playgrounds in a row, different, other cities, etc

hibbingmom

Asked by hibbingmom at 6:34 PM on Aug. 26, 2010 in General Parenting

• at least seven thousand times! :o)
    FelipesMom

Answer by FelipesMom at 6:49 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• its been nasty hot and humid most of the summer (south arkansas)..so not much. maybe once a week, if even that much. when the temps are upper 90s in the a.m...and over 105* at 6-7pm still..you tend to find things to do INSIDE.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 6:37 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Too hot here, but we have been 2-3 times.
    We have been swimming at my parents 10+.
    Swimming at the public pool 10+
    as well as to the lake 3 times.

I work full time so its been hard to get out...........
    CrazedMomof2

Answer by CrazedMomof2 at 6:40 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Not at all because mine are too big now. I miss the days when we could just go to the park and play. Unless you count the times we were there for a baseball game.
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 6:40 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• We do the park more in spring and fall, the summer is mostly just too hot, but we have a pool and an enormous back yard, swing set, etc.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 6:42 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Too hot here so not much. It was 111 here Monday! We're in Texas, and like a pp said, it's in the 80's for a low and in the 90's by 10-11 in the morning and still in the 90's- 100's at 9-10 at night! We have gone swimming a lot.
    RBurton1996

Answer by RBurton1996 at 6:47 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• We go one time a week.
    errantmommy

Answer by errantmommy at 6:47 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• We didn't go much this summer, it's been way too hot. We did spend nearly 3 hours at the park yesterday, though. We went for a picnic lunch and some PE time and it was just too pretty to come home. (c: Hopefully we keep this weather for a while, it's wonderful!
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 6:54 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Me, personally? Like 2 or 3 times all summer. I was pregnant until mid-July and the whole midwest was under a heat wave that lasted all freaking summer. I avoided going outside if I could.
    My kids spent a lot of time at the playground, though. The 7, 8 and 10 year olds walk themselves around the corner to play. My kids all get bored at the park anyway unless they find some other kids to play with. We just moved to this house and there is playground right down the street and none of them will go there because it's boring since there are no other kids there.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 8:07 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Not many. It's been way too hot, too buggy, and our weather has just sucked. Plus FIL has a huge play area in his yard, which is connected to ours, so the kids can go over there whenever. They'd rather go to the pool than the park, or ride bikes.
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 8:25 PM on Aug. 26, 2010