how old was your little one when..

You stopped giving them a bedtime bottle/sippy?

My dd is 21 months and i have decided to take away the night time sippys because pretty much every morning she wakes up and she has wet right threw the pull-up and her jammies and the bed cloths are soaked, so i have to wash them every day.
Well tonight is night 1 with no sippy for bed time, we decided to switch it out with a story instead! And after i finished reading her the story, i gave her kisses and said goodnight and told her i loves her and i would see her in the morning...Guess what happened??

She went to sleep, no crying or anything.....Awesome or what? I am so proud of her!

mommylisar

Asked by mommylisar at 6:38 PM on Aug. 26, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• nicely done!!!!!! my son still keeps a sippy of water on his nightstand, does that count? he is 5 1/2 years but his medications cause terrible dry mouth,

my daughter was about 19 mos, perhaps 20mos when I stopped the sippy of water at night. (used to be milk and diluted it down to water over the course of a week or so)
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 6:42 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• My DD quit getting night-time bottles when she was about 12 months old, so shortly after her 1st birthday. She is now 24 months.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 6:40 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Night time bottle at 11 months. Never had a night time sippy.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 6:41 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• oh geez, i can't even remember! is that bad?!?! probably around the time we first started potty-training him...whenever that was.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 6:47 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I am currently trying to get my daughter of her cup.she is 13 months bump!
    mommy16love

Answer by mommy16love at 7:00 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• He never had night time anything. His last bottle was an hour before bed. Does that count? He was 12 months when i took it away.
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 7:24 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I really don't remember. They never had a night night sippy, just a night time feeding when small, and I don't remember when they quit that. Before a year old I think. They're now 3 years and 18 months and can have a sip of water before bed but not a whole cup.
    montanagal2005

Answer by montanagal2005 at 7:41 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• When the bottle was gone, that was it - so 15 months for #1, 14 months for #2, #3 weaned herself from the bottle at 9 months so she still had her bedtime formula sippy til she was off formula around 13 months, and DS was just shy of 17 months. They never went to bed with a sippy on a regular basis - if they had a cold they'd get one of water but hardly touched it.
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 8:19 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• We never did the bedtime bottle or sippy. We would give it to him before bed (about an hour) and lay him down to sleep.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 8:48 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I let mine have a sippy with water if they ask for it. I figure they get thirsty during the night just like we can. :) But I just got rid of bedtime bottle with my 15 months old. UGH! That was so hard. she hasn't been on the bottle since 11 months, but wouldn't go to bed without it for some reason and hates the paci or anything else. She got attached to a stuffed animal and her glow worm, so I used the glow worm as a distraction and it worked! no bottles for 3 nights now. :)
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 8:55 PM on Aug. 26, 2010