Muslims how do you feel? about 9-11..

I am a Christian who thinks there is good & bad in all diff colors, religions, etc.. So I am not mad at ALL Muslims for what happened on 9-11. How did 9-11 effect you, did you agree with what the terrorists did/said, how do you think they represented your religion? How do you feel about there being a Muslim place of worship in a community center blocks away from ground zero? I think its ok cause its blocks away .. & GOD would want us to forgive, not taking revenge.
I hope they build a memorial on ground zero.

maiahlynn

Asked by maiahlynn at 6:41 PM on Aug. 26, 2010 in Religious Debate

• As a Muslim woman I am deeply saddened and hurt that my Religion was essentially hijacked and made to seem a cruel and brutal thing when it is a peacful way of life. The people who are behind it are not what I would consider a Muslim. To be a Muslim you must submit to Allah's will and he tells us to kill one person is the same as if you killed all of humanity. What happened on 9-11 has nothing to do with Islam yet the extremists use Islam in a twisted way to meet their needs. This does not make them Muslim. Being Muslim is more than saying that's what you are. If your not living it your not really Muslim. If your twisting the word of Allah, your not living Islam. If you kill people willingly who have not attacked you, your not living Islam. These extremists are only nominally Muslim and they will have to answer for what they have done when the day of judgment comes. I would not want to be in their place at that time.
    -Cassandra-

Answer by -Cassandra- at 12:28 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• That is kinda like asking a Germen how they feel about what Hitler did. Very rude. Your lucky I'm sure the Muslims would be nicer dh got punched by a German for asking that.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 6:51 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• OK they wont defend them selves it's not there way. They leave it up to Allah. They are peaceful and do not wish to debate which is why I'm guessing you wont get many answers. I will tell you what others have told me in private with out the risk of argument which would be the best way to get your answers PM. They don't like what happened any more then us. They are just as saddened. however they believe if Allah allowed it there is a lesson to be learned. Most likely united and compassion, understanding, and helpfulness. Nothing sinister about it. They just do not and are not suppose to argue or fight even in their own defense.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 11:10 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I ask not to be rude but because there are so many non-muslims that still hold hate for what happened on 9-11.. a lot of people are mad that a community center with a Muslim place of worship is going near ground zero, i am NOT one of those people. I want to hear the voice of Muslims, BTW I am part German & I think Hitler was a BiG fat jerk, a sick person.. I want Muslims to say how they feel when people were blaming them for what happened on 9-11. My oldest childs dad is Muslim BTW I am proud to say although we don't get along cause he is my ex he hates terrorists & he also hates being blamed for what they did. So i want to share the voice of Muslims to prove that they disagree with the terrorists..
    maiahlynn

Comment by maiahlynn (original poster) at 6:59 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I just giving you a heads up, So is dh he is full German. His grandma slapped him and a hand full of Germans in Germany were ready to linch him for asking.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 7:29 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• if I were Muslim I would want my answer to be heard cause I wouldn't want to be judged by what another person did just because we share the same religion.
    maiahlynn

Comment by maiahlynn (original poster) at 9:46 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I don't wish to argue but find truth & peace.. i hate seeing my 12 yr come to me with tears saying kids were mean to her because she is arabic.. the kids never ask her what she believes.. she is christian.
    maiahlynn

Comment by maiahlynn (original poster) at 11:23 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I'm not saying you do but the second a Muslim answers the ones who do want to argue will start to answer to. It's how it goes.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 1:14 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I do not think all Muslims are bad or terrorist, but I do think it is very insensitive of them to build it so close to ground zero.

Answer by older at 8:25 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

Must have been a pretty rude German. Or maybe he felt provoked or accused by your husband?? not sure...I live in Germany and we have talked about the war and Hitler many times. No one has even gotten angry with any conversation. They are sad about what happened and don't talk about it often. But they do learn about it and discuss it. Again, no one has ever gotten angry. Our neighbors have often talked about the war. Strange... To answer the OP, I have never heard a Muslim's feeling on 9-11 personally either. The only thing I have seen is when thousands of Muslims were dancing on the street and having parties afterward. Some say the pics were faked by CNN. Here is the fox news video of it..http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrM0dAFsZ8k
    missionarywifey

Answer by missionarywifey at 3:38 PM on Aug. 27, 2010