Any wood workers out there? Or anyone who has had this issue?

I think this fits in here, (Home & Garden)
So I'm updating this old dresser we have. & I've sanded & repainted it. Today I went and bought some new knobs & pulls. The knobs fit just dandy. The pulls well...
The original pulls were 3 inches. screw to screw. So thats what I bought for my new ones. I get home, put them on, and they are just BARELY too wide! ugh... Both pulls are 3 inches, screw to screw. Why won't it fit? Can anyone offer any words of advice on what to do now?
If I have to re-drill holes, I'm gonna flip out... lol! Its just barely, barely too wide. by *this much* haha!

Ellie19

Asked by Ellie19 at 6:52 PM on Aug. 26, 2010 in Home & Garden

• The thickness of the metal might just be too much. Did you have the originals with you when you bought them? If it was Home Depot ask for help when you return them. The employees there are usually fantastic. Don't drill yet........you don't want the pull to be loose in there. GL!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:00 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• bump

Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 6:56 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• and take originals with you when you return the others.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:23 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I had the originals with me the first time. :/ I ended up going back 3 more times!!! ugh... Turns out I had to re drill new holes anyway. The original pulls were just under 3 inches (apparently they are from sweden) !! So, I bought some 96 mm pulls that I really like, re drilled new holes, used some putty to fill in the existing holes & voila! New dresser! :)
    Thanks for the advice though!
    Ellie19

Comment by Ellie19 (original poster) at 3:26 PM on Sep. 1, 2010