Opinion

has ur dh ever not give u his opinion on how u look or dressed when u want it?
i've never was taught how to put on makeup or how to do my hair or dressed, and when i ask him for his opinion he never does, and we had a big argument over this, and his answer was i will let u know if u do look great so don't ask, but i tried to tell him that i just don't want that i want him to tell me if more than that i don't want to look rediculous when were out, but his that kind of man that hard headed, have any of u had the same thing happen to them???

cataquiroz24

Asked by cataquiroz24 at 6:54 PM on Aug. 26, 2010 in Relationships

• do you have any friends who could give you some make up tips? Check out the make up counter at local department stores...
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 7:01 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• The correct answer should've been: "Baby you always look good. Im sorry for taking you for granted & not telling you enough!"
    Next, take the advice of skittles 1108 & go to the make up counter for some tips- but dont let them talk you into buying the expensive stuff. Or if you know a friend who sells Mary Kay or Avon, they could help too.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 7:07 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• My SO won't tell me because most men are terrified that if they are honest, the woman will get her feelings hurt and be mad. Personally, I prefer people tell me the truth. My SO won't, but my exhusband used to. He'd tell me if my butt looked big or whatever, and I appreciated that. I don't want to look stupid, so if I can avoid it, great.

I agree with the others, go get tips from professionals. I am not great with hair and make-up and all things girly either, so I understand.
    MeandMyBabes

Answer by MeandMyBabes at 7:24 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• sorry i don't have this problem. my hubby tells me i look beautiful all the time even when i don't have make up on which is kinda annoying cause it kinda cheapens the moment when he tells me all the time. does that make sense?
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 8:05 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• you know what you could do which is what i do, i look at celebrities or photos of chics online and see what their make up looks like. they have to have the same skin tone and shape of face. so i can try to get make up the same color as them to put on my face.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 8:07 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• don't get mad at him for being as clueless as you in this area!! i have actually stopped a kind-looking stranger and said, i know this is a strange question but does this outfit match? does my hair look weird to you? however, i don't wonder this very often. it sounds like you question your judgement on your appearance on a regular basis... i'm kind of wondering what that's all about and if you don't go out in public much... i'm really not quite getting it. i don't really pay attention to fashion and rarely wear makeup. but back in the day i had the big hair, purple lipstick, spandex, etc. - but i had friends to help dress me and make me up lol. you could try some magazines - not high fashion like vogue that people don't really do in public...
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 11:46 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Co-dependent much?
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 10:12 AM on Aug. 27, 2010