Are men better fathers today?

Dad didn't used to do much in the old days. Are they better now? In your opinion. Does dad help you with the kids and the chores around the house.

Asked by Anonymous at 12:39 PM on Jun. 30, 2008 in General Parenting

• some do and some do not I am lucky my pastor make the men be men in my church.

Answer by madcat500 at 12:42 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• mine is great with the kids and taking care of them. but when it comes to house work you can count him out. he doesn't help with a thing. but all men are different.

• My dad always did alot in the old days !!!

Answer by nineteen at 5:16 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• my hubby isn't 100% the best, but he is awesome and better than his and my dads!!

Answer by dannersmell at 5:17 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• My Dad never changed a diaper and bought my mom a dishwasher so he didn't have to watch me every night! My husband works 2nd shift, so he is home with our son until 2 everyday and does a lot around the house. I work full time and we both take care of laundry, dishes, cleaning, yard work, groceries. Whoever can get it done.

Answer by elwalters77 at 8:56 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• sorry. can't help you there. i'm married to elwalters77's dad. lol. seriously, he works, i do everything else.

Answer by princezzmommie at 11:34 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• My husband has always helped around the house and with the kids. He was a bachelor in the Navy for 6 years before we got married so he knew how to cook and do laundry,etc. Good thing, because I didn't know how to boil water when we first got married!! Now I do most of the cooking and laundry and housework since he works and I'm a SAHM but he does do some things. He does laundry sometimes and he cooks a meal once or twice a week and helps out with the dishes. He always changed just as many dirty diapers as I did when the kids were babies.

Answer by Bethsunshine at 9:13 AM on Jul. 1, 2008

• Well, my little girl's father is great. But he's good to me too. My daddy died when I was 2. My step dad wasn't SH!@, sorry for the language. My grandfather was mean as hell but he was there for all of his kids. And he taught them responsibility. My little girls father helps me when I am tired or when I just need a break. He doesn't change diapers as often as I would like but I can't complain. He supports his family (cause I don't work).

Answer by mommyB830 at 9:39 PM on Jul. 2, 2008