I need help! Please, any advise will be appreciated...

This is very embarrassing but, I do not know what to do. My two kids and I had been staying with my mother in an apartment. I had been giving her 80% of my paycheck to pay for all the rent, most of the electric, and other bills (we were renting a washer/dryer.) Now I found out a few days ago that she had not been using this money for bills. Rather, she has been saving it up for herself to move to Houston to live with my aunt. I have no I.D. (I have warrants-yes I know this is bad-for minor traffic violations) and nothing in my name. The only family I have around here has offered to TAKE my kids before CPS is called while I can fend for myself. I know it is selfish but, if I do not have my kids then I will go crazy. I do not want to lose my kids but I do not want to be in a shelter or something either. PLEASE!! What can I do? I am broke and have until tomorrow at midnight to get out.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:32 PM on Oct. 9, 2008 in Money & Work

• Was your name on any of the stuff that she wasn't paying for? If not, you shouldn't really worry about the bills, she's just screwing up her own credit. If it was, I would call all the companies immediately and tell them the situation and try to work out a payment plan. Don't tell them you don't have any money. Just tell them you cannot make a payment until next month and you'd like to pay $__ per month. If you call them before they come after you they will be more likely to believe you and help you. There should also be local organizations that can help you, like a Christian Counseling group or something. I would check the blue pages of the phone book and just start making calls. Be persistant and don't give up. Make a plan and try to clear up your warrants too. You can do it because you really have no choice. I wish you the best of luck.
    chickadee8654

Answer by chickadee8654 at 8:17 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• WOW thats messed for your own mother to do that...Try getting that money back..You can move with your aunt too? This is a tricky one since you have no one else and no i.d...Good Luck
    yazmink

Answer by yazmink at 7:41 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• I would beat the money out of your mother. What kind of person would leave her grandchildren homeless? A &*^%$ if you ask me. Sorry but you need to step it up and demand your money back.
    Anonymous