Does coffee make you poop too?

I'm not a regular coffee drinker. I would say I drink a cup of coffee once a month if that often. I've noticed that anytime I do drink coffee I have to poop immediately after. Is coffee a mild laxative?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:00 PM on Aug. 26, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• The caffeine in the coffee is a stimulant. It stimulates all the body's systems including the bowels. Very normal.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:03 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I drink it every morning- & yes- it does help keep you regular. (makes you pee alot too!)
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 7:03 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Yep sometimes thats why I drink it. lol
    Amelia512

Answer by Amelia512 at 7:05 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Yes thank God........., I'm not a coffee drinker either, but have 1 cup in the morning for that reason....

zbee

Answer by zbee at 7:05 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• how do you react to other forms of caffeine? sounds like a caffeine intolerance if it occurs that quickly after just one cup
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 7:09 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Yep...When I get a little backed up it's a nice strong cup of coffee for me! :)
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 7:57 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Normal! I only drink it in the winter, and the first week I break my maker back out I have to limit myself big time til my body gets used to it again!
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 8:12 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Its normal. I have a cup every single morning (and have for awhile) and it does that to me.
    Mom_2_cuties

Answer by Mom_2_cuties at 8:16 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• yes kinda
    san78

Answer by san78 at 7:09 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

Mommy_0f_many

Answer by Mommy_0f_many at 9:04 AM on Aug. 31, 2010