nannies bringing their own children ! ..... plz answer moms !

hello ,

so i have been in the childcare field for almost 8 years now ..... and my son just turned 1 last friday : ) ...... since he was born i have worked for some families that allowed me to bring him with me , na di would also provide childcare from my home full time and even the parents thought it was a great idea because their children/child could interact with mine ! .... which was awesome ! and seeing them playing , interacting , was wonderful and beautiful .......... but i see other cases when some families aren't ok with their nanny bringing her own child ............

what would you do ?

in my case , i would think is fun , perfect and even thought the attention will be split , the are other things that will be good such as learning how to share , interaction with children his own age , etc .........

WOULD YOU BE OK ?

i respect both sides , i just wanted to know how all of u mommies felt about the subjec

happymom1988

Asked by happymom1988 at 7:00 PM on Aug. 26, 2010 in General Parenting

• I would love to nanny but I would have to bring my son along also so, not sure how that would work. Like you said I think some more laid back families wouldn't mind, but then I think there are the ones who think you would neglect their child if your own is around. I can definitely see both sides.

skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 7:03 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I think that it really depends on the situation and all of the children and adults involved. I can see how it would work great in some circumstances.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 7:05 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I don't think it would be a problem at all. But there are so many tightly wound people, I'm sure some would have a problem with it.
    crystalhuskey

Answer by crystalhuskey at 7:06 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I see both sides. My concerns would be if one was sick, etc. Makes for a more difficult situation.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:10 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I wouldn't care if you brought your kid to my home so long as you cleaned up after him. If I came home to a huge mess (beyond a couple dirty dishes he used) or food your kid wasted (if he was older) I would have a problem. Other than that it would be fine with me.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 7:13 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I almost nannied for a family that would allow me to bring my DD who is 2. But I chose not to because she kept saying bad things about her last nanny who brought her daughter and she was SOOOO pickky about everything. I am more laid back than her and I think things would just get in the way. Plus...she stayed home twice a week. So that made it worse. I would have to bring her if I nannied. So I see both sides. If I was taking my kids to a nanny....I would love for another child (like their own) to be there. I think it would be fun.
    Keeely07

Answer by Keeely07 at 7:13 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• To me It would depend on the child/mother. I wouldn't want someone to be being paid to watch my child Only to her at my house, spending more time worrying about her own, or treating her child different (like letting him get away with being mean, ect ect ect.) If the child was a well mannered child (which i would hope they would be as Im letting this Nanny have a hand in raising mine* & they were treated the same (while at my house) I don't think I would have issues with it. Although paying a woman to watch my child & my money feeding their child (children) might bug some too...

Id be okay with it. I think.. I dont really know. As I can afford a nanny, & even if i could I wouldn't want one. Its my job as a mother to care for my child. & Im lucky enough to be able to do that. I know not everyone can, & Im not bashing, just saying whats best for me.
    lilmoosesmom

Answer by lilmoosesmom at 7:52 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I am a nanny. I have worked for 2 families. They both let me bring my DD. It has worked out great, because my DD is close in age to the child I watch full time. They are on the same level of development, so they can learn & grow together.
    stressedmomma13

Answer by stressedmomma13 at 7:59 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Personally, it would depend on the situation. If I knew and trusted the person...sure. If this was someone who was recommended - no. That is my personal thought. Being that I use a nanny in the summer months I have put a great deal of consideration into what I am looking for in an individualized child care provider. I think bringingyour child to work with you, in any setting, in not necessarily a good idea.  I am very specific about the care....and I require my child's Nanny to read and apply specific parenting styles.  Particularly out of Love and Logic.  So if she does not use the same techniques for her child - it would be a little uncomfortable for both kids and really defeat the type of role modeling and techniques I choose to use.

frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 8:47 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I would think the kids would love it and be ok with it. If I'm trusting you enough with my precious baby, I damn well better be ok with how you raise your own kids.
    JawgaMom1

Answer by JawgaMom1 at 9:11 PM on Aug. 26, 2010