Ok, be honest....

I am going to be a new mom in Feb and I worry my kid will be ugly. Everyone says there is no way I will feel that way, but I still worry. Have any of you ever or still do think your kid isnt cute?

Casumael

Asked by Casumael at 7:13 PM on Aug. 26, 2010 in General Parenting

• Mine were all adorable! Even after being "birthed"- slimy, misshapen head & all! You will feel the same way too! And w/ a pretty mom, and handsome dad, how could he/she not be a beauty!
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 7:17 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Never felt that way and doubt you will. You will be so relieved that labor and delivery is over and anxiously awaiting your first look at your sweetie pie. I would be amazed if she/he is not the most beautiful baby in the world. ;) You can ltell us all about it then!! Relax and enjoy. Best wishes to you.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:19 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• My younger son was red and squished up and had one eye open and one closed, and I even comment to the nurse wasn't he kind of ugly. But in hardly any time he became so beautiful that even his pediatrician mentioned it.

Answer by Bmat at 7:19 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I had a daughter that was so premature that she practically resembled an alien and I still thought she was the most beautiful baby in the entire universe, so don't worry! You'll love them and think they're the most beautiful babies ever to existed no matter what.
    SarahBel

Answer by SarahBel at 7:21 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Why would you think that your baby will be ugly? I think they're all cute and adorable with their tiny fingers and toes. I worried more about their health and not their looks.
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 7:22 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I don't happen to think anyone is ugly. Physical beauty is such a fleeting thing as long as your child is healthy and smart you should be very happy. Do you put a high value on physical beauty? If so, why? My daughter was 3 mo premature and she was covered with red silky hair (most kids have this but it fall out before they are born) and when she grabbed my finger I only saw a beautiful baby that I was here to protect and nurture.
    QuillingDiva

Answer by QuillingDiva at 7:28 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• LOOK!!!!! I am NOT sooooo concerned with appearences, it just one of those first time mom things!!!! I have talked to others that feel the same way, so some of you need to get off your high horse!
    Casumael

Comment by Casumael (original poster) at 7:31 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Honestly... I thought the same thing about my daughter. We had 3 boys before her. They were all so dang PRETTY. I mean no matter what they wore ppl always thought they were girls. Long hair, long eyelashes....just pretty. I know it sounds wrong, but I worried they "stole all the pretty" <~~`LMAO. I thought she'd get all the ugly genes. (As im typing this I am cracking up, my hormones must of been jacked for me to be thinking that way LoL). Anyway. The day she popped on out, I looked at her and I tell you she was the prettiest baby girl EVER!! No she didnt have alot of hair, she was pale, wrinkly, cone looking head.... I wouldnt have it any other. She was healithy, she was mine and she was beautiful.

All that fear, confusion, all that, it just leaves. Your baby will be Darling!! Kick back and relax Mama To Be. It'll be fine.

And CONGRATS
    4xsthetrouble

Answer by 4xsthetrouble at 7:43 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• my son is beautiful..but when i saw his head at first i freaked out ..he was a cone head and i had a csection. i didnt think that his head could have been so severely cone shaped but i was wrong...
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 7:44 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• and of course i always had the fear..what if they grow to have my papaws ears or go bald like my uncle by age 19? What if he has tons of freckles? there were all the what ifs that ran through my head..i would love a child no matter what they looked like but of course you want them to have certain traits
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 7:47 PM on Aug. 26, 2010