Does anyone have any good dog recipes?

Such as what kind of bones from the meat dept. I can pick up and cook? Or any good home made dog biscuit recipes?

ali_1107

Asked by ali_1107 at 7:27 PM on Aug. 26, 2010 in Pets

• When I read your tease line, all I could think of was to take one daddy dog and one mommy dog. If you get two of unknown breeds, then you get a "Heinz 57" dog. That is the only "dog recipe" I know.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 7:28 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I also had a wicked thought of the buffet down the road. We joke about it tasting like golden retriever or toy poodle! LOL My dogs love the cookie base for chocolate chip cookies. Minus the chips of course. we mold it into people for them.
    babyboyzz

Answer by babyboyzz at 7:34 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I'm not sure if it's what you're looking for or not but you can click here and see!

firenicecream

Answer by firenicecream at 7:50 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I buy chicken leg quarters when they are on sale for 49 cents a pound. I also buy a huge bag of rice. I boil the chicken and pull out all of the bones. Then I mix the cooked chicken, skins and rice in my food processor. My vet gives me some liquid vitamins.

Joeygoat

Answer by Joeygoat at 7:59 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Last week I "stewed" the gizzards etc from 2 chickens with some rice and mushed it all up for our dog. She loved it. But normally I don't cook for her, we were just out of food and couldn't get any for a couple of days.
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 8:09 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Do NOT feed your dog cooked bones. Certain raw bones are fine though.

http://www.sojos.com/giveyourdogabone.html
    http://www.rawlearning.com/rawfaq.html
    CollinBayleeMom

Answer by CollinBayleeMom at 8:37 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Meat baby food, mix with wheat germ and powdered milk. IDK the measurements, I just add it to make a cookie dough. The powdered milk kinda thins it out though. I also add garlic powder and cheddar cheese cause he loves it. Grease a cookie sheet, and drop onto the sheet by the teaspoonfull. Form into little balls, then flatten a little. Bake at 350 till done. Again, just watch, IDK how long. Sorry. But the dogs LOVE these. They are soft, and need to be refrigerated.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 5:55 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Thanks everyone- I made some peanut butter biscuits for him today and he LOVE's them =-)!! I am going to try the baby food one also. Thank you very much for the information on the bones also!
    ali_1107

Comment by ali_1107 (original poster) at 7:37 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• We feed our dogs raw chicken necks without skin.They all love these and know that they get them when we are finished with our supper.We buy them in 40 pound cases and package them in smaller quanities to freeze.The dogs also get dry dog food.

Tikismom
    Tikismom

Answer by Tikismom at 10:27 PM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Any large weight bearing bones are bad for dogs, we call them Teeth Breakers.
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 11:53 PM on Aug. 28, 2010