Is there a trait or something that you hope your child doesn't get from you or your SO?

My SO has had really bad acne since he hit puberty and had to take really strong prescription medication all his life, not to mention it's really expensive. I have never had an acne problem. I really hope she doesn't have that problem. Acne is something any teenager would hate but especially woman and I would hTe for her to have to deal with it. She so far is my SO twin, they look exactly alike, body type as well, so I wiry that she will take everything else from him. Do you have anything you hope your baby doesn't get from you?

ProudMammaMia

Asked by ProudMammaMia at 7:29 PM on Aug. 26, 2010 in Just for Fun

• potty mouth from my so
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 7:32 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• oh i feel ya, op. my dh had bad acne as a teenager/young adult..i love him dearly, but i hope that is not something he passes down to our ds. i was terribly shy (still am, a bit) as a child/teen..and so far, ds is just the opposite. he's very outgoing and personable-he's a huge hit everywhere he goes.
    i wanted him to be tall, too, as i'm short and rather square-shaped. my dh is tall/thin, so i hope for more of that trait for him, too.
    but whatever happens, we'll handle it, and hopefully, ds will be a confident person, comfortable in his own shoes with whatever life throws him.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 7:33 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• My migraines. They are just no fun at all.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 7:35 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Migraines, allergies, asthma. Not high on the hope she takes that after me.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 7:42 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Oh goodness yes! I have cystic acne, "soft teeth" and am lactose intolerant. Their dad has problems with his weight and alcohol. We both wear glasses. I keep hoping they won't get all these problems... but some of them are creping in already. Youngest is complaining that he can't see the board in class and he DEFINITELY got the soft teeth!
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 7:47 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Ha ha.... YES! (And that's all I'm gonna say.) *wink*
    firenicecream

Answer by firenicecream at 7:48 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Anger and a red hot temper. Also, his lack of keeping spending under control. Sadly, they DID get Asthma, Migraines, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Depression and a very high rate of Cancer and Heart problems.

Joeygoat

Answer by Joeygoat at 7:49 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• i have acne issues too so def that... anger and addictive personalities
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 8:05 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Omg thank god I'm not alone!! My SO also has somewhat of an addictive personality and I would hate for her to. He also has a wide nose and although I love him I don't want my dd to have it too. I have a gluten intolerance problem and a rheamatoid problem ao I really hate that she can have the same problems.

Firenicecream Enough said hahahhaha!!
    ProudMammaMia

Comment by ProudMammaMia (original poster) at 8:13 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• panic attacks from me and low self esteem from so
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 8:28 PM on Aug. 26, 2010