Pumpkin Question

When is the best time to start carving your pumpkins?

mom2trewife2vic

Asked by mom2trewife2vic at 7:41 PM on Oct. 9, 2008 in Just for Fun

• I usually carve mine about 3 days before halloween, if you live where its warm then they can rot easy, but like when I lived in Tahoe (i so miss home) they would stay good for abvout a week and half because it was so cold, we just had raccoons take them and sometimes bears would eat them lol
    Married2theBest

Answer by Married2theBest at 7:48 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• We usually do not carve ours till Halloween afternoon. Its pretty warm here and it will just spoil if we do it sooner. In cold temperatures out of the direct sunlight it should keep for several days.
    Pat-S

Answer by Pat-S at 8:25 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• I let my daughter do a couple pumpkins...one a week or two before Halloween, but like the PP said, animals get to them, so I have her do her "Halloween pumpkin" that morning.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 8:26 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• I would love to do this early in October to show off our creativity, but we do it on that same week of Halloween. If you do it sooner of course it will start todiscompose and turn black and yucky. So do it on the 27th of October. Happy Halloween
    Anonymous