• In the Spotlight:

Nappies for Night Ti me

Hi, what do you think of the Cruiser Nappies they claim to absorb more during the night?

thanks mommybear335

MommyBear335

Asked by MommyBear335 at 7:31 PM on Aug. 26, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I think it is far better to do a night time diaper change than to have a baby sitting in a lot of urine IMO.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:03 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I use the pampers overnight ones. they work great. I dont believe in waking my child to change their diaper, that can mess up sleep patterns, if they wake up on their own thats one thing, but I dont personally believe in going in there to wake them up, and the pampers overnights never leaked for me! I love them
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 11:12 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• What most (not all) people mean is that "they don't want to get up night to deal with it". I don't think its a good idea to encourage children to sleep though a normal body process, instead of encouraging them to take care of business and resume sleep. A normal sleep pattern is to be roused from sleep to take care urination. Letting a baby sit in a full diaper also increases the chance of diaper rash, especially a chemical rash because in order to be more absorbant disposables require more chemical absorbers. It also makes night-time potty training difficult especially if you start late.

So the question is not what diaper absorbs the most, but what is the best way to take care of night diapering without disturbing the baby or yourself too much. Anticipate (babies usually rouse or fuss if they have to go in the middle of the night), be fast, be quiet, and be efficient (choose easy change nightwear).
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 9:09 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• I have no issue with a diaper that doesn't leak or needing a diaper for a baby who tends to wet a lot all at once -- that's totally different.. Cloth or disposable, its not sanitary to use one diaper for so long. It's just asking for rash trouble.

I know I wouldn't want to sit in it. KWIM? I get up at night to pee and even have done so just to change a menstrual pad midway through the night. If I had to use a Depends or Poise pad for bladder leakes, I certainly wouldn't want to be in the same one all night long after it got heavily soiled. If my grandmother was in a nursing home and needed an adult diaper, I wouldn't want the staff to leave her in it like that either. If I was very sick and needed to use an adult diaper I would ask to be changed.

Babies are no different.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 9:18 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• (I think it's your place to decide whether or not you want to change your baby in the middle of the night and I realise that is not the question you were asking but everyone always seems to put their 2 cents in anyways)... To answer the question that you asked: We tried the overnight ones and didn't find that they really worked any different (and my little guy can fill a diaper lol). The regular Pampers have never leaked overnight so we stopped buying the overnight ones. Hope that helps!
    P.S. My son is 4.5 months and has slept through the night since he was about 1.5 months and has NEVER gotten a diaper rash.
    Lisa.Price

Answer by Lisa.Price at 2:48 PM on Aug. 27, 2010