Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Any advice will be apreciated...

This is very embarrassing but, I do not know what to do I need help! My two kids and I had been staying with my mother in an apartment. I had been giving her 80% of my paycheck to pay for all the rent, most of the electric, and other bills (we were renting a washer/dryer.) Now I found out a few days ago that she had not been using this money for bills. Rather, she has been saving it up for herself to move to Houston to live with my aunt. I have no I.D. (I have warrants-yes I know this is bad-for minor traffic violations) and nothing in my name. The only family I have around here has offered to TAKE my kids before CPS is called while I can fend for myself. I know it is selfish but, if I do not have my kids then I will go crazy. I do not want to lose my kids but I do not want to be in a shelter or something either. PLEASE!! What can I do? I am broke and have until tomorrow at midnight to get out.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 7:42 PM on Oct. 9, 2008 in General Parenting

Answers (6)
  • Sorry that is extremely jacked up of your mother to do such a thing, can you afford a small place of your own, get on WIC and maybe some other assistance seeing as how you are trying to do what you can to provide for your children. I honestly don't know what advice other than that I can offer and I am just completely baffled by what your mother has done!

    Answer by Married2theBest at 7:46 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

  • Your best bet will be a woman's shelter. I know you don't want to go that route but it may be the only one open to you.

    Answer by kaycee14 at 7:51 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

  • Your mother is a B***H! Get up early and got o the nearest homeless shelter and the can hook you up with alot of resources. They will find a place for you. Also, go to HUD (the Housing Authority) Most of the time Moms with children take first precedent. Look in the phone book! Good luck!

    Answer by amydh at 8:29 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

  • Do you have any friends you can stay with? First thing in the morning I would go down to social services and see if they can help you. also go to the the salvation army and I believe it's called the Joshua Tree, they help people in your situation. I can't believe your own mother would do this to you and I will keep you in my prayers.

    Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 8:58 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

  • I see some other mom's have suggested going to a woman's shelter....when you go to a shelter, you have to obtain a criminal record...if they see you have warrants they won't allow you to stay there.

    Answer by robinann5 at 12:44 AM on Oct. 10, 2008

  • I'm thinkng there's no way u can stay w/ ur childrens father??

    Answer by LovingParent08 at 7:35 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.