I think my husbands aunty (his mothers sister) is too much intruding in all our family business. I feel my husband doesnt say anything to her because he is out of town most of the days and it is me who should deal with her. What do you guys think I should do about it?

Sometimes when she calls me and I am out picking up my kids or running erraands she wants to know where I was, what I was doing and all that stuff. This makes me very mad , and when I talk to my husband about It he says I need to say something to her ( something harsh). But I dont want to hurt her feelings. Can you guys help me with this?

Vmom79

Asked by Vmom79 at 7:33 PM on Aug. 26, 2010 in Relationships

• That's a tough one. Is she just lonely or a busy body? I think I would have more patience if she was just lonely. I would look to see who was calling and start taking less of her calls. And when you do take her calls answer quickly and then start asking her things about her day, what is she up to, etc. Keep some questions in mind that you can ask her. Good luck with it!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:41 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Please say something it does not have to be harsh but curt. You get annoyed but she is only doing what she thinks she can get away with. GL Momma
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 7:44 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Don't answer the phone when you are busy... or at all if you don't want too. thats what i would do.
    MKSers

Answer by MKSers at 7:52 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• i would just start by saying i don't want you to take this the wrong way but what we do with our lives is our business and would appreciate it if you dodn't ask me personal questions. i think it's best just to be up front and honest. if she gets hurt that is her problem not yours. it's not like she cares how you feel about her asking you 101 questions.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 7:57 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• When she asks where you were you could say out or running errands and if she persists ask her why she wants to know. Or just side step the question. It almost sounds like she thinks you're doing stuff you shouldn't.
    L.A.F.outloud

Answer by L.A.F.outloud at 8:42 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I think that she is just being curious. I have lots of friends who will call me and ask me what I am doing, who is in my house, etc, etc. All I do is tell them that I'm busy or cleaning or whatever. You can be as vague or detailed as you want. But remember, hurting her feelings by saying something harsh won't accomplish anything. All it does is cause hard feelings.

krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 9:47 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• just don't answer the phone when you're busy... the way i see it the phone is for my convenience, not everyone else's and definitely not for my inconvenience. she just sounds like she's making conversation... answer what you're comfortable answering... sometimes when i talk to people that ask too many questions, i take control of the conversation by asking them questions and not leaving space in the conversation. then i will also say, i have only about five minutes to talk right now, but i wanted to call you back - and when that time is up i just say i hate to cut this short but i really need to go great talking to you...
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 11:36 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• nosey
    regian19832002

Answer by regian19832002 at 12:31 AM on Aug. 27, 2010

• Personally, I think she may be just bored. Perhaps living life through you. So without her asking, maybe do a generic "I had some errands to run today:I picked up ds/dd, I had to get a few groceries, dry cleaning etc. So, what did you do today?". That should help ease your tension, and maybe your prepared statement might alert her to her intrusive questions.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 10:12 AM on Aug. 28, 2010