ok so im low on cash til monday,what can i buy and make for the nex few days??

what do you make when u are low on cash?? i only have about 30 bucks !! any meal ideas?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:34 PM on Aug. 26, 2010 in Money & Work

• A roast can be cooked tonight. Turned into Italian beef tomorrow and beef and noodles the night after that. Never the "same" meal but all from the one big roast.
    babyboyzz

Answer by babyboyzz at 7:36 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Chicken and rice, hamburger helper, and if we have any we'll do eggs, bacon and grits for dinner.
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 7:38 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Well, it depends on what things you already have on hand, & how many people you're feeding, peanut butter makes cheap lunches, potatoes, rice, pasta and beans are all cheap and can stretch your meals. I also bake treats, snickerdoodles are cheap to make, but it depends on the ingredients that you have on hand.

Take stock of what you have on hand, and go to the dollar store, or whatever place in your area has the best prices, and round out what you have on hand.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 7:38 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I have an open question that may give you some ideas. I posed it as a hypothetical question, not something I was facing in real life. The answers were amazing.

Joeygoat

Answer by Joeygoat at 7:43 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I've been using www.SuperCook.com that another Cafe Mom linked to a few days ago. It's great because it tells you all the recipes you can make based on what you already have in your kitchen.

Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 7:43 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I don't know what you have, but we always end up having stuff like pancakes or waffles, spaghetti, homemade bread, chicken of some sort, or home made pizza when we're low on funds, but I usually have quite a bit on hand to make stuff. I would go see what your store has on sale, and also use what you already have.
    montanagal2005

Answer by montanagal2005 at 7:46 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Hotdogs, Ramen noodles.
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 7:48 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Chicken and Rice makes a huge pot and lasts great in the refridge all week. It is SO cheap to make and tastes great. If you would like our recipe message me. i know how hard it is be low on funds and still have belly's to fill. Muffins are like .88 cents a pack at walmart. Makes about 6. You just add water to them. I pick up a few pack when we are low on funds because it makes a great breakfast and snack. I usually serve canalope with it. Scrambled egg or omlets. Waffles. Hamburger helper. You could get a few boxes and a large pack of hamburger meat.
    MKSers

Answer by MKSers at 7:50 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• http://www.cafemom.com/answers/490587/_5_to_feed_your_family_for_a_week_How
    Joeygoat

Answer by Joeygoat at 7:53 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Beans and Rice. We use the beans to make tacos, or just as chili, and then it evolves into taco pizza. If you make your own beans it's super cheap- about $1 a pound and that can make 3 or 4 meals. Especially if you add rice.
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 8:34 PM on Aug. 26, 2010