My daughters are biracial and have Keloids, which makes their scars keep healing themselves until they are very large. I was wondering if the Madrema cream will help that?

The cream is for scars.

lottastress

Asked by lottastress at 12:39 PM on Jun. 30, 2008 in Health

• u can use that or palmer's cocoa butter works good also.
    lynn63042

Answer by lynn63042 at 12:44 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• I have keloids and so does my mom. My kids dont however. I had some on my ears and had them removed. A dermotologist can help, sometimes cortisone shots make them shrink and soften the scars. I havent found any over the counter products that help. Every time I get a cut is a potential keloid. Just means you got to be careful and no pierced ears ever. Hope this helps.
    Supermom253

Answer by Supermom253 at 1:21 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• my kids have them too. my daughter had a real big keloid on her knee from some stitches she had to get and we got some vitamin E tablets, she rubbed that on the scar a couple times a day and the puffiness went down. My husband had to get one surgely removed from his ear and it kept coming back until he finally found a doctor who knew what he was doing. He shaved it off and then had him put this tape that had a steroid in it on his ear for about a year.
    maryroses

Answer by maryroses at 10:57 PM on Jul. 27, 2008