Pregnancy and acne/pimples/breaking out everywhere!!!!

is it just me or has other women experienced an abnormal amounts of breakouts and pimples?its not really my face but my back,shoulders, chest, between and under my boobs, and my stomach..wtf? i scrub myself everyday and have even bought acne body wash with no avail.. recently i thought i had a pimple starting on the side of my face but it hard and hasn't come to head i've had it for about a week (tried everything to get it come out, hot packed it, acne washed, even toothpaste...) now i'm starting to think it may be a cyst..is my immune system all messed up because i'm pregnant????

xdeviouskittyxx

Asked by xdeviouskittyxx at 7:44 PM on Oct. 9, 2008 in Pregnancy

• i've tried to show my doc but she says its normal, my mother says getting some more pimples is normal but she thinks that this is not normal and has advised me to go the emergency room about my cyst/pimple /whatever the hell is growing on my face...
    xdeviouskittyxx

Answer by xdeviouskittyxx at 7:47 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• I had one of those hard pimples on my chin. It lasted for a little over a week then shrunk and went to a head. My face looks like a pepperoni pizza (not that bad, but pretty bad). I have had a lot more break outs than I ever had. I am now getting a few skin tabs on my neck and chest. I also used some acne washed and nothing. I guess pregnancy pimples are a lot more stubborn than regular pimples. Good Luck my fellow zit face...just kidding!!!
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 8:03 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• I broke out really bad on my back/arms too... I was mortified.... sorry but its still there on me and I've tried everything. My baby's 5 months old. Hope you have better luck.
    Anonymous

• i had some of the super deep pimples while i was pregnant, and still get a few of them and she's 3 1/2 months old. i think it's fairly normal, damn hormone thing. a few of the deep pimples went down without ever coming to a head, only to come back later in the same place and have a head then.

i've heard with normal pimples that washing your face too much can actually cause more breakouts. i have pretty dry skin and can't use face washes because they dry me out too much. (yeah go figure, dry skin and pimples)
    Tarable525

Answer by Tarable525 at 8:51 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• Proactive really works or neutrogena. Proactive is really cheap on ebay and ive used it for years. It tells u to use it once in the morning and once at night but I only actually used it once a day or once every other day cause I didn't have bad breakouts. On the days I didn't use it I would use just like soap.
    Anonymous

• i have experienced that also.. i had so many pimples on my back when i was preggy.. it was horrible. i think its because of our hormones when were preggy.. now, 4months after i gave birth..pimples are almost gone. i just take a bath everyday.. scrub my back with mild soap. [i use dove beauty bar] but not too harsh cause it make irritate them more. and drink more water. goodluck.
    teenmommie0808

Answer by teenmommie0808 at 12:57 AM on May. 9, 2009