How many sweets doing you give your children?

noahsmommy12908

Asked by noahsmommy12908 at 7:37 PM on Aug. 26, 2010 in General Parenting

• Sweets are very rare in this house ... I'd say about once a month.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 7:38 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Idk, it depends... Honestly. My Little man isn't very into sweets, but he loves Chips. So as a treat if he eats all his meals for the day, we'll let him have popcorn/ or a small bowl of chips.
    lilmoosesmom

Answer by lilmoosesmom at 7:39 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Only dessert after dinner. The can have any snack during the day, just no sweets.
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 7:39 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• My son rarely eats candy or sweets pie once and a while or Icecream
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 7:47 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• natural sweets, like fruits..often. an Icee after school, a couple times/week. a resee's cup or a kitkat (he always halves it, so he's only getting two) every now and then. we're popsicle-people, but i buy the "no sugar'' kind, and we eat frozen yogurt..sometimes.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 7:49 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Not too often. I want her to view sweets as "treats", not a daily thing. Once a week we go get ice cream or she gets maple syrup on her waffles.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 7:57 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• My son is 14 months, and yesterday crawled into the pantry and found a box of cookies I had for a party. He grabbed it, knocked it down and dumped them all out. I found him with a cookie in each hand and one in his mouth! That was the first cookie he's had :) When my daughter was little we lived with my mom, and my mom always gave her sweets, grr. So she has it more often. Son doesn't really like it.
    crystalhuskey

Answer by crystalhuskey at 8:26 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• My son is allowed one treat/day. For ex. today he has 1/2 cookie.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 10:16 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• It depends. I try to keep processed foods away from them as much as possible. I do let them have popcorn though. The old kind, you make in a pot on the stove. LOL. So there is no salt or butter added. And they enjoy hearing it pop. I've always tried to keep my kids from 'snacking'. I feel like if you get in the habit of doing it, it's difficult to stop. Myself included. So we have our 3 main meals a day, but also two 'snacks', but the snack can be a turkey burger patty or some sliced chicken breast. I dont' bring 'sweets' in to the house. That's the best way to resist temptation and I'm not talking about the kids!
    Denise2000

Answer by Denise2000 at 11:11 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Crystalhuskey-that is sooo cute! I bet your little one was happy to have those cookies! My daughter wouldn't be able to identify a cookie if you asked her...she is two and doesn't eat them at all.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 11:37 PM on Aug. 26, 2010