Cookie dough

I don't like in America so I can't buy readymade cookie dough, but it always looks so amazing! I'm worried about the raw eggs in it though. Does anyone know a recipe that doesn't use eggs? I'm reluctant to give kids anything that I'm not sure is fine...

SarahBel

Asked by SarahBel at 7:39 PM on Aug. 26, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Well since I'm not sure what KIND of cookie you're looking for I'll just add a link to what google found. =) CLICK!

firenicecream

Answer by firenicecream at 7:41 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• It 's pumped so full of preservatives and they probably use pasteurized eggs. .You're so much better off making your own and eating it raw. Always amazing to me how I never end up with the amt. of cookies the recipe says it makes, wonder why, she says with mouth full and looking guilty.
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 7:46 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Go to allrecipes.com They have all kinds of recipes.
    L.A.F.outloud

Answer by L.A.F.outloud at 7:46 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I've been eating raw cookie dough since I was a kid and have never gotten sick. I would think the store bought stuff would use pasteurized eggs. But the only time I stray away from it is when I'm pregnant, otherwise I've eaten an entire batch of dough in one sitting before!
    zoeysmom331

Answer by zoeysmom331 at 7:52 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I just eat the stuff I make for my regular cookies. I've ate it since I was a kid and haven't got sick yet! I made some chocolate chip last night and I think between me and hubby at least a dozen cookies didn't get baked, lol.
    montanagal2005

Answer by montanagal2005 at 7:57 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I don't buy cookie dough. If I really want cookie dough to eat, I make regular ccc dough without the eggs - it tastes the same, there's just no egg worry. I usually use the Toll House recipe for doing it.
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 8:05 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Buy and use steralized powered eggs to make edible raw cookie dough.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 10:38 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• I used powdered egg replacer, I got it at a health food store. I use it in the winter time when were snowed in and must have cookies that call for eggs. I usually want to keep the eggs for more important things like scrambled eggs. I love this stuff "egg replacer' it comes in a yellow box and no one even is aware of any type of substitution.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 11:59 PM on Aug. 26, 2010