i asked the ? about what was on my babies gums yesterday. well...

I took him to the dr and she said it was a cyst & not thrush! Anyone's baby have one before? What did you do to get rid of it? How do they get those? She said it is just calicium and nothing to worry about so idk.. hmm

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:48 PM on Oct. 9, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son was born with them, my doctor called them pearls...they went away after about a month.
    tabi_cat1023

Answer by tabi_cat1023 at 8:19 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• heh yeah exactly what she called it. i never knew babies could get cysts in their mouth. On that note i didnt know babies could get alot of things until i had one of my own lol. thanx for sharing w/ me!
    Anonymous

• Arianna had one or two when she was 3 or4 months i think. They didnt bother her or anything and they just went away on their own.
    ariannas_mama36

Answer by ariannas_mama36 at 9:23 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• Nothing, leave it alone. 2 of mine had this, they go away on their own. I posted this in that thread... http://www.colgate.com/app/Colgate/US/OC/Information/OralHealthAtAnyAge/InfantsAndChildren/Infants/YourInfantsMouth.cvsp

• Epstein's pearls — These small, white, pearl-like spots appear on the roof of the mouth. These bumps are harmless and tend to disappear within a few weeks.

• Bohn's nodules — These small, whitish bumps or cysts look like Epstein's pearls, but they develop on the sides of the gum ridge rather than the roof of the mouth.

• Inclusion cysts — These small bumps appear along the crest of the gum ridge. They are harmless.

pwfaith

Answer by pwfaith at 10:45 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• yeah mine did they told me to just leave it alone,theres nothing u can do it will go away by itself
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 8:39 AM on Oct. 10, 2008